Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Dick
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 77
      • Overall: 87

My mom cracks me up. I hooked her up with a Lee 4 hole turret press and other odds and ends to get her started reloading last year (then she taught herself how to use lee pro 1000 waiting for me to get to her house and show her how to use it, lol.). She likes to load 50-100 rd of 9mm at a time and then go shoot them up. Anywho, I hooked her up with about 5 lbs of 700X and it is the powder I started her on. She likes to stick with what works. She called me today and told me she ordered 2 8 lb jugs of 700X and 5,000 Winchester SPP and asked if that will last her awhile. I started cracking up and told her it would last quite awhile.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

What mom you have . Lucky guy.

Dick
      Participant
      • Bronze

I am very lucky. Mom is the glue of the family, so me, big brother, and little sister take care of her. I cover the guns and outdoors stuff, big brother covers the wood working, little sister covers the…well, I’m not sure. We all keep her in grand children. My dad jokes around that he is just there to bank roll, lol.

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 789
      • Overall: 873

I don’t know Dick from the post looks like she really likes to load ammo she might need another re-supply in 2-3 weeks…
      Great post

Dick
      Participant
      • Bronze

Mom does enjoy reloading. When I go see her in April I’ll be bringing her a 1/2 gallon of CLP for her guns. She likes the smell of it when she shoots. Funny story there is that years ago I swore I’d never have CLP on my home bench. I mean, it’s good stuff and earned my respect when we used it in austere environments, but is not the best cleaner when trying to get a weapon inspection ready, lol.

Well, a bottle of the stuff came in a kit and I left it at mom’s house for her to use. She used it and has used nothing else and has no plans to. Me, finally coming to reality, chose to swap to CLP for all firearms maintenance (except Butch’s bore shine for cleaning copper). I ordered a gallon and she gets half.

Now I’m just rambling. I can go on and on about mom. She is quite the character.

Smoke4320
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 140
      • Overall: 151

Wish I mom was into reloading .. She wont even touch a gun.. But growing up under Hitler and living thru the bombings as a child might just do that to you

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.