Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Kevin S
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 58
      • Overall: 72

I am going to make an order for one of the Accurate bullet molds. But I am not sure on the block size that would be best. Tom lists 2 different dimensions that you can get a 2 cavity aluminum mold in. The mold lengths are either 1.80 or 2.35″. For a 30 cal. bullet in the range of 150 to 190 gr. is there better block dimension?
      I know what you get when you assume something. But here goes. The smaller blocks will heat up faster, but they will over heat faster also, and a slower pace is needed to keep the blocks in there preferred heat range
      With the larger blocks they take longer to heat up. But they hold there heat better. A faster casting pace is needed to keep the blocks at a constant temperature

Doc Highwall
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 123
      • Overall: 131

If you preheat your mould the time heating it up means almost nothing.
      How about the weight difference between the two mould blocks would that be a factor?

Doc Highwall
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

I was thinking about this post and what I forgot to mention is, I use a LEE 20 lb bottom pour a lot and when I use a NOE 5 cavity mould it does not work as easy as a 4 cavity mould. The blocks that you mentioned you gave the height of them, is there a difference in length?

Kevin S
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 58
      • Overall: 72

Doc H. I guess the mold length is the only variable.
      At this point weight wouldn’t be a factor. I have several MP Brass Cramers and I don’t have a problem with them

Doc Highwall
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Kevin, what gets my is not the weight of the mould, it is the length trying to fill 5 cavities, so much easier with 4 cavity moulds under the LEE pot.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.