Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831

I recently gain possession of my grandfather’s Iver Johnson revolver. It had suffered from a leaky roof in a decaying farmhouse. I decided to try Metal Rescue to remove the rust. Attached are the photos from before and a video of just 24 hours in the stuff. Remarkable. The loose rust is now in the bottom of the container. It did take what was left of the blue off, but it left the metal a pleasant light gray. When it dries I’ll use a little very fine steel wool and some oil. I’ll post more photos of the project.

http://goodsteelforum.com/wp-content/uploads/hm_bbpui/46287/dfzm7d92vsglw3bgdhfcvttibhpqe89h.jpg

skeettx
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 197
      • Overall: 213

Great post for a neat application

Thank you

Mike

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831

This photo shows it after some fine steel wool, and oiling. It had some deep pitting originally. Makes one wonder when it was carried that much. The last patent date is 93. There was a time when the AT&SF broke a strike of laborers in Dodge City in the early decades of the 20th century. My grandfather and his dad both lost their jobs with the railroad. Makes ones wonder.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.