Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      reloader762
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 80
      • Overall: 95

Me and acl864 my shooting and casting buddy got together this weekend and melted up a little bit of various scrap lead that will come out a bit harder than pure but not much. We also did a couple partly filled buckets of wheel weights we had sorted out a while back to add to the stash out in the shop. We ended up with around 30+ lbs. or scrap lead in muffins good for low velocity loads and a little over 120+ lbs. of wheel weights. That will make around 6500+ bullets in the 158 gr. average range more or less depending on bullet weight. It only cost a bit for the propane as all the lead we got for free.

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 789
      • Overall: 873

nice ……. and good setup

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Man oh man. Do I ever miss the days of free lead! Awesome setup, great haul.
      Don’t underestimate “slightly harder that pure” alloy. I used a 358 winchester to drive the RCBS 35-200-FN to 2100FPS. It measured only 9BHN and made an absolute mess of any deer hit with it.

reloader762
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 80
      • Overall: 95

It’s probably the last of the good Wheel Weights I will get in quantity as most sources have dried up. I’ll pick up a few here and there but nothing like I used to. Still need to mine the berm an see how much I can recover from it along with everyone else’s scrap from many shooting days.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.