Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 531
      • Overall: 587

Can someone post the mauser rear bridge dimensions, please?
      Im looking for the radius (diameter) dimensions for large ring/small ring rear bridge for sight base fitment.
      all the sight base measurements are in radius or diameter.
      We all know the dims of front ring, but I cannot find info on the rear bridge.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

It is likely to vary somewhat . The actual curve may be changed by source and who and how the hump was or wasn’t removed .

I’m no help I have several from an 1908′ SR – an FN 98 circa 1968-72′ they’re all different .

uber7mm
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 288
      • Overall: 305

1.277″ give or take. There is no step from the front ring to the rear ring of a small ring Mauser. That doesn’t mean the action is parallel from breech to tang, however.
      I asked, I’d recommend the one piece Redfield M-95 scope mount and then buy the appropriate rings for action. Get a gunsmith to drill and tap the action, if you don’t own a jig. Having the mount true to the action is paramount.

I hope this helps.

kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 531
      • Overall: 587

I found a Weaver chart of their bases and radii & diameters.
      They show the rear bridge as a diameter of 1.050″ for both the mausers.
      I spent the afternoon grinding off the hump, had the receiver centered in the lathe, and found out the rear bridge is a constant changing radii.
      The bridge might be 1.050″ at the center, but it flattens out as it gets wider from center,
      YES, there is a step on the small ring from front to rear. at least there is with the hump smoothed off.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.