• Author
      Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Bad news fellers. Bad bad news.

We are all praying for the victims of the Nevada mass shooting. It is being touted as the worst act of gun violence in American history (doesn’t really hold a candle to Lincoln’s hostile southern takeover, but I digress).

This chump is being reported as a retired, middle class, veteran, hunting enthusiast. This situation paints a huge target on all of our backs, (or at least it sure seems to be drifting that way in a hurry).

Doc44
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 36
      • Overall: 37

First my thoughts and prayers for the victims and their families. Now to the firearms side. A legally registered full auto firearm has not been used in a felony since 1934 ,to the best of my knowledge. Cyclic rate heard on the video suggests an AK variant. My concern is that it could be a bump fire stock equipped rifle. There are quite a few of these ATF legal stocks in circulation.

kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 531
      • Overall: 587

Another message board says the police found ANTIFA materiel in his hotel room.

Will the media sweep that under the rug?

Will they paint him as a ‘right’ minded individual?

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Very uncertain. The left looks to senseless acts like this to ram overreaching gun control down our throats, and as far as that is concerned, this is a “opportunity rich environment”.

I hope there will be some sort of information that comes forward that takes some of the wind out of their sails. Regardless, you can bet money that this act will be used by the left to give opponents to gun control a bloody nose for the next 100 years.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I’ve looked on google earth and used the measuring tool (which I’ve used to judge distance effectively on my own ranges) to judge the length of the shots the shooter was making. The distance from his window to the stage was about 350 yards and the main crowd it seems he was shooting into was located as far away as 450-500 yards.

This was not close shooting and spraying into the crowd as the shots were taken at night from long range. From the video I was watching, that was very disturbing precision given the circumstances, and the full auto method he was using. Also, the ratio of wounded to dead is ten to one, which seems to indicate the 5.56 rather than a 7.62×39 or 7.62×51 both of which would be very hard to control at long range with full-auto fire, and both of which would produce a more balanced dead to wounded ratio, and less hits in full auto condition.

This POS obviously practiced and knew his weapons in the dark. Very very disturbing.

The biggest question I just cannot fathom an answer to is: “why?”

This wasn’t some disturbed kid. It was a fellow who was retired and seemingly enjoying life with a wife, girlfriend, and a $400,000 house. He liked to shoot a little, and gamble a little, both of which a lifetime of fairly good decisions lent him the benefit of as it has for so many of us. What in Gods name would convince a man like this to end it all in a bloodbath of innocents? I just have no words for this. Just questions.

kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 531
      • Overall: 587

The reports are saying he had 10 rifles,

another says he had 20 rifles & pistols.

and, he had lots and lots of ammo.

How did he get all that stuff into a hotel room??? did he not walk it all thru the lobby?

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

I too feel for the families and those injured .

I had a rather lengthy post but it was an emotional rant …..

Glenn
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 222
      • Overall: 265

First off, this was a horrible thing and can not be justified in any way.  It leaves me with a feeling of dread for our future as a nation and as a peace loving people.

The news was saying that he recently sent a few hundred thousand dollars over seas and his girlfriend went over seas also(the Philippines).  So he probably had it planned a bit in advance.

How did he get it in, he probably put it all in a trunk and used one of those luggage trolleys to wheel it up.

The Islamic State claimed to have converted him about 3 months ago.  That could be BS or not?

As far as what he used, I thought I heard two different rates of fire with some pausing to reload.  I’m sure the details will come out eventually.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Getting the stuff up to the hotel room is not a problem. I could easily pull the pins on rifle length AR-15s and fit 10 of them in the suitcase I bought for my Alaska trip. He could move all the hardware and ammo up to the room with a normal compliment of luggage. As to the maid and cleaning crew, there are tags supplied in every hotel room I have ever stayed in that requests privacy and no cleaning, and I have used them myself as I often take my rifle with me on in state trips (I always keep my rifle within reach). Many of my clients take their competition rifles and shotguns into the hotel room with them when they travel for competition, because it’s begging for trouble to leave them in the car overnight. This is not uncommon activity.

The part that stinks to high heaven is that there is not one single shred of evidence that this man was violent, or mentally disturbed. I see fuzzy photos of a guy that looks like him at a anti-Trump rally, but that’s far from a positive ID and I think folks are just fishing for ANYTHING.

I smell a big, fat, hairy, flea infested rat.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

If the mob were still running Vegas this would have a different outcome than millions spent looking for answers that will fill 2 pages in a file neatly placed under an area rug under the low man’s desk . The problem would be removed clear to the root and last leaf . Bosses would be found and given options like a room next to Jimmy or a cruise in the Bermuda triangle .

NavyVet1959
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 26
      • Overall: 28

The really suspicious thing to me was that it was reported that when the police broke into the room with explosives, he had not fired any shots for a couple of minutes and was already dead. That just makes it look like others were involved and this guy was set up to be the fall guy. And, of course, Hitlery wasted no time using the incident as a platform to attack the proposed Hearing Protection Act by saying that it would have been even worse if suppressors had been legal. Yeah, like someone who is going to do a mass killing is going to care whether he breaks some stupid laws with respect to suppressors.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I couldn’t agree more NavyVet. The liberal Left is the American political mob, they have no qualms instigating and then taking advantage of catastrophic violence, and  they have never been so desperate.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.