This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  uber7mm 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Author
     uber7mm 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 288
    • Overall: 305

I installed a Timney Featherweight in the last millennium. Fast forward 20 years, I noticed that the there’s a lot of creep. So I took the gun apart and saw two set screws. Hmm. I believe the top set screw is the for the sear, which is set where I like it. The other must be for the creep.

To verify I went onto Timney’s webesite. Perhaps I’d find an instruction manual pdf to download. No help at all there. Their website is geared towards selling triggers. “I wonder why?” I thought sarcastically; vendor prices are lower.

Can anyone tell me which screw is the creep, and which way I should rotate it to reduce the creep?

Thank you in advance.

Charlie

skeettx 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 197
    • Overall: 213

uber7mm 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 288
    • Overall: 305

Okay, here’s the outcome:

The bottom screw is the creep set.  It’s utilizes a 5/64th Allen key and the lock nut is turned by a 1/4″ wrench.  Tightening the screw decreases the creep.  I made quarter turn adjustments until I got the creep where I liked it.  Then I dripped a drop of tread lock liquid on the ends and now it’ll set over night.   It’s a lot better now.

Thanks for the help

Charlie

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.