Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      nagantguy
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 19
      • Overall: 23

Fellas. We’ve all been there, something we love is no longer available, my motto is find something you love and buy a lifetime supply, well I guess I lived longer than I figured years ago after being released from Uncle Sams Misguided Children I did extensive accuracy testing on my various 308 /06 rifles, found one that shot well in all of them and is devestating on deer sized game , the combined technologies ballistic sliver tips in 168 grain flavor, bought 500, just loaded my last box of 50 only to find they are out of stock everywhere even the manufacturers site and have been for a real long time, been looking for weeks and haven’t found a single full of partial box for sale, now n of my cohorts nor enablers have either! So it’s back to the drawing board, I’d like to buy or trade for your partial boxes for unwanted or “also ran” 165-178 grain bullets, 2,5,12 left to a box, that’s fine I’d like to do broad testing with as many different flavors as I can to find a replacement and not break the bank! I have lighter bullet loads in the 110-147 range and heavy as in 180-220 but this sweet spot must used nitch needs to be filled by deer season next year, I load for dad brother and best friend as well and guess what those 168 grain ballistic sliver tips worked well for them to! If this post is in the wrong place or not appropriate please let me know! Thanks all

skeettx
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 197
      • Overall: 213
      WCM
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 368
      • Overall: 398

I am currently experimenting with the new Hornady ELD-x bullets.
      They are supposed to be the next generation of ballistic tips.

If will be next year before we can try them on deer at extended ranges, meanwhile I will be testing for accuracy with the 168 and 178 in the .30 cal.

nagantguy
      Participant
      • Bronze

Hold the phone skeettx just blew the lid off!!! Thank you, ordering now!

skeettx
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 197
      • Overall: 213

Were you successful in placing the order??
      Mike

nagantguy
      Participant
      • Bronze

Yep! Thank you sir!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.