This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Goodsteel 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
     Uncle Grinch 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 17
    • Overall: 18

I normally select “remember me” when logging in but sometimes I reboot my iPad to clean up things. When logging back into our site, it makes me do it twice.

Any idea why?

GhostHawk 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 258
    • Overall: 260

Not for sure.

One thing I do like to do on joining a new forum is once I am approved, logged in and sitting at the main menu I like to bookmark it, saving it in my toolbar.

Then in most cases a single click gets me back in ready to roll. It is worth a try anyway.

Uncle Grinch 
    Participant
    • Bronze

I agree, and that’s what I normally do. However when I clear my cache and restart my iPad it forgets my login info on all my bookmarked sites. But for some reason, this site requires me to login twice before it accepts it. I don’t get any error messages, it just kicks me out and makes me start over again. I’m very deliberate in typing in my info, but it doesn’t make any difference.
    I can live with it, but was curious why.

Uncle Grinch 
    Participant
    • Bronze

I’ve tried everything that I can think of. But every time I clear my cache it take two login attempts to access the site.

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2452
    • Overall: 2660

I’ve lost my auto loggin a couple of times too, and there are several people with ipads that have reported issues. It has to do with how the cookies are written to your device.
    I’m trying to find a workaround, but the only solutions I’m finding involve upgrading the software.
    I do plan to upgrade our software, but I haven’t had the money or the time so far.
    Sorry for the inconvenience. I know that’s an epic PITA with an Ipad.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you have any questions or comments, please contact us by clicking the button below.

Contact Us