Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      VANN
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 123
      • Overall: 134

I like having as much reloading data as possible on hand, so I’m always looking for a good deal on reloading manuals. While looking on Ebay the other day for some more old books I came across a seller with a Load Book for the 45 Colt round for 5 dollars plus shipping, so I bought it.

I haven’t received it yet so I don’t know how good their loads are, does anyone here use them?

I’ve always snubbed them because they where caliber specific and I already have a book case full of manuals, have I been missing out on something?

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 71
      • Overall: 76

have I been missing out on something?

Not in my estimation, but it depends on what you are seeking. If you are looking for “new” loads, you will probably not find anything that hasn’t been published before. I have been dissapointed by the quality of the print in many of their publications much of it being poorly done and unclear. However YMMV.

VANN
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Yeah, that’s what I was wondering. I grab every reloading book I can find. My favorite is Hodgdons #26. That book has some great information, but I collect everything I can find. Most of the older ones contain mainly obsolete data for the old powders, but they still have good info.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 71
      • Overall: 76

You could get lucky:), and find a hundred dollar bill stuck between the pagess:eek:….

VANN
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Lol, least it was only 8 bucks.

chutesnreloads
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 161
      • Overall: 165

Yes the print quality is pitiful but find myself buying them anyway.Like having so many different sources for data in one book.Makes it easier to compare loads.I often shoot loads that have no data for a particular bullet, primer, case,whathaveyou…..so use these books as a source to extrapolate where to start a load.Many of the handgun dartridges also have “rifle” sections and that can be handi if you use them that way

VANN
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Well, it came in the mail today. I’m not impressed, it does have a lot of data and I could see where it would be nice if I only loaded one or two calibers. The flip side is its just pages copied out of reloading manuals. They even went through on some of the data and penciled in where the copier didn’t print it clearly which bothers me. At least I know I haven’t been missing much.

chutesnreloads
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 161
      • Overall: 165

A lot of mine have loads written in the margins and on the “note”pages from magazine articles and even interweb sites.Also have a large notebook been copying data into mostly from years of Handloader magazines but other places too with references to the articles so can go back and read details(yes I save the copies).At one time I wanted to compile data for all the guns I load for onto Exel data sheets so I could look up and compare notes.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.