This topic contains 10 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  dragon813gt 2 years ago.

• Author
     Rattlesnake Charlie 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 678
    • Overall: 830

Beware, the anti’s just don’t give up. In this case, they are attempting to use sensible reasoning again. They just don’t seem to understand that the problem is criminals.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/zorn/ct-extreme-vetting-gun-buyers-zorn-perspec-0217-md-20170216-column.html

Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 787
    • Overall: 857

Yes , Switzerland is an absolute death bed what with a mandatory gun in every household 5-6 in some cases .

Tracking owners is a problem for me . A system of 800 999 9999 ” can Jim Smith DL DOG 287-10-4 GB own a gun,suppressor and get on a plane ? ” ” Thanks . Sorry buddy , you need to see the DA get form 287/9A and fix the no fly thing . ” Forms paper trails etc can pound sand .

Best guesses put ownership at 7 guns per adult owner with 110-167 million legal adult owners . 10,000 people yr are killers , using guns to kill other killers and other illegal acts . So that’s like .01% of all gun owners . That’s like 1 2006 yr model car in the US being totaled in between 1/1/2006 and 12/31/2016 . I think it’s safe to guess that way more than that haven’t made it .

The point being ,that we already know all of this , is that licensed operators in registered death machines with compulsory insurance requirements really are more dangerous than the vast majority by 99.99% of the minimally documented gun owners .

kens 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 525
    • Overall: 579

I still don’t understand the so-called universal background checks that those guys are always harping about. they say they want background checks for dealers, gun shows, internet sales and on and on.
    When all the dealers at gun shows perform background checks, (via smartphone internet), and all gun store dealers doing checks (via internet), and with internet sales requiring a local FFL being established before closing a sale; What’s their beef ???? !!!!!

GhostHawk 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 258
    • Overall: 260

Kens, to them it is not a function, it is not a process that happens. It is a mantra that when said often enough magically creates heaven out of hell. It has NO zero, zip, nada basis in reality. But neither do the people who ask for it. You can not reason with them. They are not reasoning beings.

They do not think for themselves, or analyze, or process. They parrot propaganda. That is all they can do, I suspect for the most part they are brainwashed.

Whats more they are not happy, they want everyone else brainwashed too.

kens 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 525
    • Overall: 579

GhostHawk;n14360 wrote: Kens, to them it is not a function, it is not a process that happens. It is a mantra that when said often enough magically creates heaven out of hell. It has NO zero, zip, nada basis in reality. But neither do the people who ask for it. You can not reason with them. They are not reasoning beings.

They do not think for themselves, or analyze, or process. They parrot propaganda. That is all they can do, I suspect for the most part they are brainwashed.

Whats more they are not happy, they want everyone else brainwashed too.

You’re right, they are not happy.
    And one item I don’t hear any talk about is the fact of Supreme court pick. The dems are obviously upset about that, and the fact that McConnell passed on Obama’s pick. That has them rubbed raw. BUT, nobody is stepping up to say that McConnell gave the dems enough rope to hang themselves by passing this court pick to post-election. All the dems h ad to do was win the election, and THEY could have made the pick.
    McConnell gave them enough rope to hang themselves, and good for him.
    The 2A tide swing will likely follow suit with current political events.

GhostHawk 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 258
    • Overall: 260

FYI I took the time to watch “targeted” today on netflix.

Well worth the time, makes a solid case.
    The facts are they only use facts when it suits their position.

sundog 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 28
    • Overall: 30

‘They’ demand extreme vetting for someone who is exercising a right delineated in the BoR. But ‘they’ also do not want vetting for illegal immigrants who have broken the law. I submit to you that is treasonous.

Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 787
    • Overall: 857

sundog;n14382 wrote: ‘They’ demand extreme vetting for someone who is exercising a right delineated in the BoR. But ‘they’ also do not want vetting for illegal immigrants who have broken the law. I submit to you that is treasonous.

There you go again throwing that whole Constitution thing in everybody’s face again…. 😉

I saw a post a couple of days ago where somebody was all wired up about the alleged radical religious training camps and Trump being at fault for not taking action . I’m like old news ,the last guy didn’t do anything about them for 7 yrs so give Big T 7 weeks .
    That went over like a leaking gas truck in a pit on a hot day , the woof was impressive but basically all hot air . Whoo girl reign it in , 1st off until the admins or students of Allah’s camp for special boys actually breaks the law nobody can enforce any laws . Who cares if they want to bloody themselves in prayer I know Catholics with callouses on their knees and toes knuckles . Keep them out in the first place , post observers in every church and be ready to open up when/if it happens .

On a lighter note I haven’t seen a single headline in almost 5 weeks that starts off with the the word base shoot in it .

dragon813gt 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 79
    • Overall: 84

kens;n14358 wrote: I still don’t understand the so-called universal background checks that those guys are always harping about. they say they want background checks for dealers, gun shows, internet sales and on and on.
    When all the dealers at gun shows perform background checks, (via smartphone internet), and all gun store dealers doing checks (via internet), and with internet sales requiring a local FFL being established before closing a sale; What’s their beef ???? !!!!!

Private FTF sales are legal in most states. This is what they want to stop. They pretend that you can buy a gun from a dealer at a show w/out a background check. We all know this is false. The whole point of UBCs is to capture all sales and have an eventual gun registry.

Rattlesnake Charlie 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 678
    • Overall: 830

There is an onerous bill in the house of New Mexico right now that would require almost all transfers, even temporary, between friends and relatives to go through a licensed dealer and pay the fees. I’ve contacted my representative and tried to convince her that criminals do not follow the law. She is oblivious. God have mercy on us.

dragon813gt 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 79
    • Overall: 84

What that law, if passed, will succeed in doing is to turn common citizens into criminals. We all choose which laws we follow. Mass non compliance will be the outcome if laws like these are passed nationwide.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you have any questions or comments, please contact us by clicking the button below.

Contact Us