Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      bjornb
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 163
      • Overall: 176

I have a 3-station Lee turret press that I’d like to see someone put to use. It’s the manual type press, and it’s in excellent shape. I have 3 tool plates (turrets) for it.

Let me know if you or someone you know can use it, and I’ll get it in the mail.

Kevin S
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 58
      • Overall: 72

bjornb I could use the press. Would you like this to be a pay it forward item.
      I will send you a PM

bjornb
      • Silver
      • ★★

Kevin,
      got your PM. Will get the press out as soon as I can get a box. As far as a PIF that’s up to you: there are no conditions from my side. Happy to help.

I just moved my whole reloading setup back to my house so there will be lots more stuff listed for free in the coming weeks.

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 789
      • Overall: 873

That was my first press way back in the day after I learned on the Lee Loader… I always disabled the auto index and used it like a Single stage

Artful
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 428
      • Overall: 615

I keep one to loan out to learners – I also take out the auto index function.

Menner
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 120
      • Overall: 124

I have a 4 hole Lee (remove the auto indexer also) use it for handgun ammo
      Tony

chutesnreloads
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 161
      • Overall: 165

Been thinking of buying a new one.Can get one with a manual index.Was wondering just what the reasons for that were

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 71
      • Overall: 76

…”Was wondering just what the reasons for that were”…

In my case, should I choose to size and prime only, it keeps the sizing die on station rather than indexing it forward and putting the expander/powder die on station. Perhaps more simply put, it allows me to use the press as a single stage press when I dissable indexing, the tool head stays on station. When indexing is enabled the toolhead rotates to put a die of a different function on station.

Hope that helps.

chutesnreloads
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 161
      • Overall: 165

Thanks….if that’s all…..I have 4 single stage presses for that.Hey….that’s almost as good as a turret press

bjornb
      • Silver
      • ★★

This is one of the older presses without the auto index. I pretty much used it as a single stage: the advantage is that you can use the tool plates as a removable bushing, leaving the dies in the plate set to the exact depth.

Menner
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 120
      • Overall: 124

exactly have removable plates set up 40 S&W, 45LC, 45ACP, and 44MAG just pop the plate in and move the powder flow and have at it all the dies are set and stay that way just me being lazy I guess. LOL
      Tony

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.