Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      goody
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 74
      • Overall: 92

Nothing earth shattering except to say these projectiles are really nice in large 30 caliber throats. I am amazed how often I struggle with the reloads I think should really work (and they are not) then I stick some of these in the given cartridge and shoot and I feel good again. I know its all about size and fit but it is frustrating when you have to beagle the daylites out of a mold just to get the finished product fit the neck. Thanks Lee for this ugly looking good bullet!
      goody

Artful
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 428
      • Overall: 615

I took like Ed Harris’s design – I have Lee and NOE which has a larger flat on the Meplat – Works in 7.62×39, 300/221, 308 chambers just fine.

Why do you think it’s an ugly looking design?

goody
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 74
      • Overall: 92

I was always told in cast anything pointy doesn’t fly straight or at least they won’t groub well. I love the wide meplats because of this bias in my formidable years of instruction and the fact they do well in hunting mode. So I find it funny when I do all the right homework in a 30 caliber and the wide fronts are frustrating me, I load 5 of these and amaze myself at the results. I wish all my 30 caliber molds were a little bigger so I could size them to what I want or need. I really do like this Harris design.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

That’s not neccissarly true. Really depends on the design of the "pointy" bullet. Some of them do quite well.

reloader762
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 80
      • Overall: 95

I would agree with Goodsteel. I have the other Lee 160 gr. TL/GC RN bullet designed for the X39 and it shoot better than I would have ever hoped in my SKS rifles,I also shoot it my 54r rifles as well with excellent accuracy. I also found out that I can size it down to .311" and shoot it in my Sav.99 in 300 Sav. and you can cover 5 shots with a nickel at 50 yds. all day long,in fact it pretty much does that in all the rifles I shoot it in.. For a $20 mould it sure makes great shooting bullets.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.