Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      az-jim
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 36
      • Overall: 45

After work today I went to one of the local shooting holes and tried my hand at rifle smallbore silhouette. I have a set of NRA 1/5 size targets I had never shot, so today was the day to try them out. I have never tried smallbore silhouette either, I have been missing out! I was using the custom 22 I posted to the custom rifle section.
      Although it was not a true match setup ( I didn’t shoot standing ) it was good fun. My next project is to make resetable targets, as walking out to 100+yards to reset takes away from value fun time!

VANN
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 123
      • Overall: 134

Very nice shooting. Those chickens look tough.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

I just recently shot my first small bore silhouette match with Alphawolf. Gotta say it was a real good time! While we were there, he showed me his custom design for an automatically resetting target, which looked like more fun than a guy should have with a rifle.
      Good times!

az-jim
      Participant
      • Bronze

VANN;n1861 wrote: Very nice shooting. Those chickens look tough.

They aren’t bad at all, it does seem like it would be though. They are only at 40 yards, easy money in a scope. Turkey at 60, pigs at 70 +/-, rams at 125 +/-. From a bench is easy, standing…..might want to bring extra ammo lol.

az-jim
      Participant
      • Bronze

Goodsteel;n1862 wrote: I just recently shot my first small bore silhouette match with Alphawolf. Gotta say it was a real good time! While we were there, he showed me his custom design for an automatically resetting target, which looked like more fun than a guy should have with a rifle.
      Good times!

If that design isn’t top secret, and he doesn’t mind if you share it, I would be interested in how it works. I’ll figure out mine either way, just curious what others have done.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

You’ll have to ask him. All I know is it worked like magic. LOL!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.