Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Doc Highwall
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 123
      • Overall: 131

About the only thing that is hard about setting up the Lab-Radar is aiming it at the target using the small V notch on the top of the unit. I had a cheap 4X power Simmons scope that I took off a Savage bolt action pistol in 22lr. just sitting around, and decided to see what I could come up using some scrap aluminum. I came up with a way where gravity holds it in place. Yesterday and today I used it and it works great, I even left on while using the chronograph.

uber7mm
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 288
      • Overall: 305

Pretty darn cool.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

You finally found a use for Simmons optics! Excellent!
      LOL!
      Hey, how do you like that Lab Radar? I sure wouldn’t mind it if you wrote that thing up in a thread and tell me how it works etc etc etc? I was eyeballing one of those last year, but I wanted to wait and see if the reports are good. You’re the first hombre Iv’e seen using one!

Phil
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 52
      • Overall: 54

A nice attachment bracket. I too would like to see a report on that RADAR unit. I hope the availability goes up and the price comes down (not likely).

Doc Highwall
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

The only real trouble I have with it is some of the lighter loads that I shoot I need to set the sound level to the most sensitive setting and it picks up other gunshots. Yesterday a person was shooting a Ruger mini 30 that was throwing the cases 30 feet and was very loud setting off my unit, I shut down until he left and finished my testing.

I have tracked a 22 lr. bullet to 125 yards with the unit, giving me the ability to compare the velocity at 125 yards with a known B.C. which allows me to make an accurate drop / wind chart to 300 yards.

Phil
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 52
      • Overall: 54

Doc,
      Thanks for the info on the 22LR performance.

Did you buy it direct from manuf or from Midway or?

Doc Highwall
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

I bought it direct from Lab-Radar last year. Today I sent them a link to the pictures of the mounting base.

Larry Gibson
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 507
      • Overall: 562
      • Gold

Doc

Sure would be interesting to use your Lab Radar at the same time with my M43 Oehler. Be interesting to see how close the radar velocities down range (to 100 yards anyway) coincided with the M43’s readings at 15′ and in front of the 100 yard target on each shot. Be interesting to compare the BC measurements of the bullets in flight too!

Larry Gibson

Doc Highwall
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Larry, that is what I am going to do along with using my Bullseye camera to plot where the shots hit in relation to their muzzle velocity. I already did that with the Norma TAC-22 ammo that I am shooting.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.