This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  reloader762 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author
     Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2452
    • Overall: 2660

From powder by the pound. The Kawasaki Green powder is the very best I have used to date. If you tumble in airsoft BBS, you know that some powders clump up, and some just don’t cling correctly etc etc etc. I use the tumble method, simply because I think its my best chance of getting a consistent coating.

With the powder mentioned above, I simply tumble, then grab them with forceps, and tap the jaws on the edge of the jar. This pulls all the excess powder off the bullet, and what is left is a very even coating.

Rattlesnake Charlie 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 679
    • Overall: 831

Looks like Ranch Dog’s 425 gr .460 bullet with a GC. I have that mold, but have had such success with the 350 gr one I’ve not even cast one of the heavier ones yet. They look like great zombie stompers. I like that color. I have not tried powder coating yet. Traditional lube just works for me.

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2452
    • Overall: 2660

Actually, those are the 350 RD cast from a 4 cavity Accurate mold in brass.

I agree. Excellent bullets.

reloader762 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 79
    • Overall: 94

Nice job on the powder coating,it easy to do with a good quality powder,the Lime Green is another nice color as well.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.