Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

I’ve liked the idea of a bore scope but it’s just not an expense that fits in my tool box at this point . I did score a 20-30s vintage endoscope but it required a lot of light to really see anything …….so.much for medical grade tools . It was also a 90° only , zero magnification tool limited to about 10″ . It did come in really nice polished walnut box and the box was worth $20 .
      Back in the 21st century I’ve been seeing these endoscopes for garage tech and they offered one with a camera head at 5.5 mm and it talks to a Droid phone . I’ve blown $20 on less useful stuff . There was this night out with the boys ….. $27 for a 6 pack . The scenery that came with it was worth $18 though so ….. Um right ….. Phone app bore scope …..

This gadget has a dimmer switch and like 5′ of cable and will just slip into and freely down a 22 CF bbl . Unfortunately it has a fixed 2″ to infinity focus . It’s actually stated at 4 cm so what like 1.65″ ? I don’t like that it takes the pictures to a cloud via the driver app but if I’m just looking for a glaring defect or deciding on Hoppes , Barnes CR?? or ATF and a Brillo pad it is ok . I believe it will become more useful as I find more ways to use it and figure more and more what I’m looking at actually is .

Not a great example of really getting inside things .
      But I can see that all of the copper and most of the lead is gone in this Glock 42 barrel .

I didn’t take a picture of it but my buddy Jorge was blown away by how much copper was stuck to his new to him Henry Big Boy 30-30 after 20 rounds .
      What I wasn’t able to see was what is causing factory ammo to be hard to eject and hang on the shoulder .

Anyway….
      Nifty little gadget . $20 not completely wasted . As seen on the Facebook ads . It works with Ms S7 but without a $12 adapter won’t talk to the Moto Z (USB type C vs USB micro) and it doesn’t talk to the Elipsus tablet or our current laptop . The laptop lacks drivers for the external camera . So I took the picture with Ms phone text it to mine and post here .

GhostHawk
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 258
      • Overall: 260

I have a cheap 14$ one that came from evilbay. 6mm head size so it does not do .22’s at all. But was a major factor in figuring out what was causing my Mosin to  not want to chamber some ammo.

Has a 6 meter cord.

Only real adjustment on it is the leds on the end. Has a little thumb wheel in the USB plug end. And varying light levels can be very helpful at times.

It has been helpful enough that I don’t think I would want to be without one again.

For anyone interested on my Mosin, right at the end of the brass there was a 90 degree sharp corner. On one side, larger, for the brass case. On the other side rifling. No lead in at all. And that 90 degree sharp corner had little lead icicles handing on it all the way around.

I just wittled a half inch down down to 7.62x54r shape, cut a slot in the end, slipped in a piece of 0000 steel wool. Chucked it in the drill and chamfered that sharp square edge.

Just like downtown. Made a huge difference.

Really handy for spotting leading, etc.

kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 531
      • Overall: 587

Snap-on has a little borescope that uses a usb and it has a all-in-one box. the viewer & memory slot & scope lead is all one piece. It doesnt have a small enough head for a .22, but it would go down a pistol barrel.
      I have also seen them at the big-box stores in the tools department.
      under $200 though

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

This is a little better look at it’s ability . More paper patch work to do in here I see .

45-70 Remlin

Ghost hawk same set up . Turns out the USB-USB C adapter was the problem in the Moto Z …..

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.