- February 18, 2017 at 4:01 pm #33580
Anybody cast there own jigs? I have 14 different jig and sinker molds. Wondering if it is worth casting my own?
- February 18, 2017 at 4:14 pm #33582popperParticipant
- Posts: 1
- Comments: 293
- Overall: 294
Depends on how many you lose. I tie my own flies to ‘match the hatch’ and it is effective but sinkers I buy. Hook cost is enough to preclude casting jigs unless you have a specific one that you can’t buy.
- March 31, 2017 at 6:40 pm #34383
Got it. I might give it a try just to see if I like it or not.
- April 1, 2017 at 11:44 pm #34418MilkmanParticipant
- Posts: 4
- Comments: 24
- Overall: 28
bullet maker, I cast crappie jig heads and some split shot. It’s not really cost effective because I end up giving most of them away to friends, but its not too expensive either. #4 hooks about $5.50 per hundred online, so no big investment.
- May 3, 2017 at 6:54 pm #34888
Sorry for the late reply. Supplies are really not to expensive. Going to give it a try.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.