This topic contains 8 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  eeyore 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
     eeyore 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 22
    • Overall: 26

Picked up a pile of linotype. Local salvage place has oh, maybe a ton more. Do we pass that on here? It’s so local, so specific to each town is it even useful on this forum? Does it make sense or is it just a can of worms?

I ask because it seems to me everyone here is the kind of folk that already makes the circuit in their locales. Why waste bandwidth or broadcast local honey holes… Stuff is too good for fishing weights.

Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 802
    • Overall: 875

I would appreciate it. At this point we are pretty spread out . I’m in Nevada and about 74 miles west of San Diego . I also have a stash that I will have to move too soon . Lots of us know someone that could put that to good use. I could even forward some to the future location . If I didn’t already have a couple of tons to move I’d jump on this .

GhostHawk 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 258
    • Overall: 260

eeyore did you want to sell some?

Give me a quote for $$$ for X number of pounds and an estimate for shipping and I can tell you if I am interested or not.

Menner 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 120
    • Overall: 124

eeyore if you are just passing on info you never know who lives around you and would benefit from your information, or who is close enough that a haul of Lino would be worth a trip who knows if it is for the good of the people on the site I can’t see Tim having a problem with that. If you are looking to buy and resale I would put it in the general store and see who is in need
    Just my .02
    Tony

eeyore 
    Participant
    • Bronze

OK then, estimated ~75 pigs left at ~20lbs. each. That’s as of this afternoon, I had to go into town today so stopped by to see what was left.

All the foundry branded pigs are gone. It’s at White City Metals in White City Oregon, the Rogue Valley, ie Southern Oregon.

Not cheap though, $1.25/lbs.

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2452
    • Overall: 2660

That’s cheap for Linotype. And yes, it’s perfectly fine to post. I just wish Oregon was closer.

GhostHawk 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 258
    • Overall: 260

I would love to take 3 to 5 pigs off your hands, whatever would work easiest/best for shipping.
    I would have no problem adding something for your trouble.

If you would rather take this to PM that is fine. If you are not interested that is also fine.
    If you would prefer email I can be found at billj69@gmail.com I am not too concerned about others knowing my email. As it has no direct ties to my real location.

eeyore 
    Participant
    • Bronze

Looks like a buck and quarter is good. cool…

GhostHawk: It makes me feel pretty damn uncomfortable to say no to folks that ask my help. Ain’t the way my folks raised their kids.

If I have to go into town next weekend and there’s any left I’ll pick up a few hundred pounds. If I got any I’ll post it.

eeyore 
    Participant
    • Bronze

No interest in peddling it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.