This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Jniedbalski 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author
     Butch Wax 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 158
    • Overall: 180

Now I admit I haven’t posted much lately, but looking around neither has anyone else either. Personally I don’t often have much news or things to discuss, but I know that we’ve got some real talkers here. Where’d they go? Alien abduction?

Ok, just thumping the side of y’alls tents to see if you’re all alive. 🙂

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2452
    • Overall: 2660

Still alive. I’ve been wanting to post more, but I’m busier than a centipede at a toe counting contest this year, and here is the reasons why:

1. Starting last october, I guess all the locals finally discovered I existed and the subsequent deer season rush was unlike anything I ever experianced before. There were several times I had seven customers all in the shop at the same time, all talking together, I’m cranking and fixing as fast as I can, the dog is running around wondering whats going on, Angie’s serving up cold drinks and coffee……….what a rush!!!! I was sighting in rifles for people at midnight before opening day. Awesome. It’s steadily been busier than I can ever remember.

2. When I’m not gunsmithing, I’m building space junk for BEI precision systems and space, and I was promoted to shop foreman/lead machinist/head CNC programmer, and paper pusher extraordinaire. Meatings, work orders, calendars, yes you can have the day off’s, oh and I also took over the glass grinding dept., whipped it into shape, and set new standards for product quality and production. In short, back in the old days, I would sit there bored out of my skull wishing they’d freakin LISTEN when I tell them I can turn the place on its head overnight if they’d give me a minute to prove it, and now I’m wondering if they remember I’m just one guy!!! (of course, then I go home and try to make magic happen for 4 hours before Im too tired to see straight and take a 6 hour nap before doing it all over again).

Don’t get me wrong, I love the work, and I dare say I’m dam good at it, but it leaves very little time for typing out long essays like I used to. The time I do spend on the forum is usually taken up with background stuff and killing spammers etc etc etc.

It’s just for a time, but I do hope all these guys are all still curious and care to describe their personal interests!

Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 802
    • Overall: 875

I’ve been pretty passive since the move .
    I haven’t shot anything in 3 months maybe 4 . I went out to the new homestead plot and shot some 45 ACP out of the HP4595 , I was disappointed as I know I can shoot better than that ……. I tried again yesterday on my way out to spend a few fleeting hours with my folks before it got hot …….piss poor planning on my part . I’ll be busy the next few weeks assuming the roll of family Patriarch . After which I expect I’ll have to make a a road trip back out west to clear out the rest of the house and get it sold . About April I think I’ll get settled down and start working some new loads , baiting varmints . I hope to shoot a few geese this year it’d be nice to have a couple for Christmas .
    I’ll do house and range updates as it goes along but stalled on the leach field and and cutting down a 1’×30′ oak in the way of the range with a 45 ACP HP4595 isn’t all that exciting . Yes of course a chainsaw would be faster but where’s the distraction and hours of Zen in that ?

I expect I’ll be working out a cast load in an pre M40 pattern 700 BDL of 1968/9 vintage 25-60′ , probably a 1957 M70 also .

I’m not even a day in an I already don’t like this whole Patriarch gig ………

kens 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 531
    • Overall: 587

I thought the site slowed down when the ‘new’ website went online.

Rattlesnake Charlie 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 679
    • Overall: 831

There was a little slowdown with the rollout of the new website, but much worse with the hackers. Glad they can’t seem to get through the new gate now. I’ve been disappointed at the lack of comments on original posts. Even when you try to bait them. I often check for any activity daily, and when I see none I just lose interest and log out. I’ll try to do better with both comments and OP’s.

Rattlesnake Charlie 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★

Maybe it has gone stagnant. And, just when I want to spew about the 700 rounds of .45 ACP I put downrange today in the first day of training with Elias Frangoulis in his Shooting For Glory class.

Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 802
    • Overall: 875

Maybe when I get set back up …….

GhostHawk 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 258
    • Overall: 260

For me the new “I’m not a robot” click on cars thing is a deal breaker.

Bye cya

Rattlesnake Charlie 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★

The “I’m not a robot” does not bother me. Especially knowing it keeps the spammers out.

Larry Gibson 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 506
    • Overall: 558
    • Gold

I think some have been put off by the additional security and initial log in problems.

I was on the road for a couple months, had computer problems and was even out of wifi range but back at home now so will be posting.

Butch Wax 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 158
    • Overall: 180

Odd in that I receive messages from my phone’s security at times basically stating stay away from the site as it’s corrupted and parasitic files exist to steal data from my system.

Gotta admit that does tend to put one off. 🙂

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 196
    • Overall: 219
    1. Harter what kind of groups are you getting out of your hp 4595? Just wondering as my hp 4095 is decent at 25 to 50 yards. Always wanted a 1911 and a hp 4595 to go  with it

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.