This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Goodsteel 1 year ago.

• Author
     Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2452
    • Overall: 2660

Seems the stuff is hard to beat. Shopping around, I buy it regularly for $.05 per pop. I guess I burned 10K rounds of it this year (give or take) and in comparison with other brands, it seems to be able to demonstrate remarkable precision across the board in many different rifles. I know each rifle will have it’s own preference, but it sure seems like CCI Standard Velocity is a good place to start.

Glenn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 218
    • Overall: 261

I used to use the Federal hp in the 550 bulk box until I shot some Winchester in a side by side test where the win shot a much tighter group out of my win bolt action rifle.

I shot some of the CCI red white and blue powder coated against the win ammo in the same Win rifle about a week ago.   The most of the CCI’s group was about the same size as the win group, but the CCI group had 2 flyers that doubled the group size. ( both 10 shot groups at 75yds)

Im out of state going to a wedding in Florida, but when I get home I think I’ll have to get some CCI standard velocity and see how it compares.

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 196
    • Overall: 219

The cci standard velocity was always the best cheep ammo in my three 22s. I tried all the ammo I could find all the way up to eli tinix gold medal match. Of course the Eli shot the best but at 22$ a box. I even tried the cci Grean tag match, which was only slightly better. I always found that the standard volicity cci s s was the best for cheep ammo.  The better match ammo costing 10 times as much did shoot better but in my cheep bolt guns the cci is still my go to for cheep ammo .

JRR 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 84
    • Overall: 107

CCI SV works very well at 50 feet.  At 100 yards, I have never received excellent results with it.  SK Standard Plus is about twice the price at approx $6 per box.  Geco Match is better that CCI @ approx. $3 per box.

Below is Geco Match @ 100 yards in my CZ with peep sights.  Sight-in target.  Three shots, and finally in the middle.  8 inch target.

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2452
    • Overall: 2660

Ive never heard of Geco ammo. Do I save 15% or more by switching to Geco? LOL!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.