Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

You guys have to check this guy out! Makes me want to grab a bow and start shooting again!
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk&ebc=ANyPxKrlxtQHXxk_xBM0X98eue7Bj4oZrZDxMP3LIsDjLI Ac4dsfoAuxsSeisuvGqhBf1-d8Xd19n-1zL5Kc1dFKEk-X_bph5A

Artful
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 428
      • Overall: 615

Robin Hood eat your heart out!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 123
      • Overall: 129

That is some serious skill right there.

JPHolla
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 120
      • Overall: 121

Archers were not out-matched until the invention of clip-loaded bolt action repeaters. The only problem was the immense amount of training required. The things they could do with bows are so amazing most “archers” today simply won’t believe it. It’s good to see videos of people like this proving the ancients right.

uber7mm
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 288
      • Overall: 305

I pick Lars for my team. You can have the next two picks….

dverna
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 81
      • Overall: 86

Although amazing, JPH is right. That level of performance requires not only talent but 1000’s of hours of practice. Think of how inept the vast majority of pistol shooters are with a weapon that is more precise and easier to master.

And then there is the question, “if he is that good, why is he not winning gold medals?” Of course, maybe he is and it was not mentioned.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 19
      • Overall: 20

I’ve seen his videos before. I am an archer as much as a gun shooter. That guy is good. I have never tried shooting like that. I would like to know how heavy his bow is.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

GaryN;n3522 wrote: I’ve seen his videos before. I am an archer as much as a gun shooter. That guy is good. I have never tried shooting like that. I would like to know how heavy his bow is.

To my eye, it looks like about 20#-30#. Very light.
      I dont fault the guy for that. He’s shooting indoors for petes sake. I just really wonder how well it would work with a corn fed country boy tossing full speed arrows. I also wonder if that light bow is how he’s beating archers paradox.
      I don’t care though. If I had seen this 10 years ago, it would be the entire focus of my effort for about a year till I got to where I understood it and could duplicate it.
      That was back when I had time to burn. (sigh)

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 19
      • Overall: 20

My bows are in the 55-65 pound range. I shoot recurves and longbows and they have to be heavy enough to kill elk. I don’t like below 50 because the penetration becomes marginal. Especially when the animal takes a step right when I let go and I hit bone.

az-jim
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 36
      • Overall: 45

Speechless….
      Im just getting back to being able to shoot about a 4″ group at 80 yards (thats all the pins I have), but I certainly cant do it as fast as Lars.
      This is by far my proudest moment with a bow, AZ tree rat taken at 20 yards about 4 years ago. He was coming down the back side of the tree at eye level and only gave me the head and neck, in all honesty I did miss, I was aiming for the head

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I used to practice for three hours every day with a good friend. We practiced trick shots like crazy.
      Here I was hot dogging it a little bit before a competition.
      Bow is a custom PSE Nitro.

At the very peak of my skill level, I put six arrows in a little Levi Garret snuff can taped to the target at 60 yards with a PSE Diamondback II.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Back in 2010, I laminated my own recurve bow. Actually, it was a bit of a hybrid recurve/long bow. It was 75lb draw and would send a 28″ aluminum arrow at 200 FPS!
      Great bow. I got it finished just in time for deer season and took a deer with it. Fun project for sure.

I fletched the arrows with hand cut Arkansas turkey barb myself. I made the broadheads too. The bow was Arkansas walnut, African yellow heart, maple, and black fiberglass.

I shot a few squirrels in the back yard using blunts. Yum Yum!

Here I am up in a tree looking for Bambi:

Sweet success!

az-jim
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 36
      • Overall: 45

Nice work Tim! That is a beautifull bow. It is an indescribable sence of accomplishment to take game with equipment you made or maintain as a labor of love. I made a fishing pole when I was a kid, took it fishing with grandpa once and I was the only one to catch a fish that trip.

Fishman
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 35
      • Overall: 39

I always wondered what the story was behind your old profile picture. I love bowhunting myself, and prefer it to gun hunting for sure. Nice work on the bow.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.