- May 2, 2016 at 3:25 am #27507GoodsteelKeymaster
- Posts: 208
- Comments: 2452
- Overall: 2660
Many people have a false idea of how much time, skill and attention to detail certain firearms require.
Of all the various configurations, the simple flintlock rifle is the very peak IMHO. I have about equal respect for the men who craft these fine firearms as I do for those who make fine double rifles.
Please enjoy this video that shows a master at work, fabricating a rifle from scratch start to finish:
- May 2, 2016 at 10:14 am #27513AnonymousInactive
- Posts: 6
- Comments: 123
- Overall: 129
Gives you a whole new appreciation of antique firearms.
- May 3, 2016 at 6:33 pm #27560RegParticipant
- Posts: 40
- Comments: 256
- Overall: 296
Hershal House also came out with a series of videos. All excellent.
- May 3, 2016 at 6:49 pm #27562Rattlesnake CharlieParticipant
- Posts: 152
- Comments: 679
- Overall: 831
Back in 1974 or so, I had the opportunity to watch a gunsmith at Williamsburg, VA forge welding a rifle barrel using strips of metal around a mandrel. I probably stood there 30 minutes.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.