This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  popper 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
     Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2446
    • Overall: 2652

I just woke up a while ago and drank some water. I wasn’t really tired (how I can’t say) so I got caught up on parts orders and such. Then I set outside on the porch for a minute or two and watched the lightning in the distance.

I have to say, I don’t believe I’ve ever lived in a place with such an open view as I enjoy here. Its amazing. Makes me feel small and blessed both at the same time. There’s about 850 yards from my front door to the next hill and only a few trees here and there between.

What was interesting about tonight was that it was raining on that hill, (give or take 100 yards) but not at the porch. I could see lightning far off to my left that lit up the midnight sky, and in front of me, I could hear the pouring rain like a stream flowing, but nothing but a slow drip drip drip from the roof over the porch. Interesting situation.

Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 773
    • Overall: 842

The joys of watching a storm work it magic !

Long ago I worked a night shift . This one particular night , keeping in mind I was in a high altitude deasert , I was checking warehouse doors walking a dock about 4′ high with rail road rails in front of the dock . It had been raining just enough to mess with the headlights and keep the mud smeered around on the windshield but never enough to wash it off . As I was walking back to the truck I noticed in the lights that the rain looked like it was like a swarm of wasps just going every direction all at once . The top of the dock was as wet as it was dry and the rail iron was dry . It was truly odd to be standing right there were just a few vertical inches made the difference between wet and dry . I miss the ridge tops where you can see from where you are to the next state for 270° and your seeing peaks and ridge lines 200 or miles away .

popper 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 289
    • Overall: 290

Years ago on I10 in Fl panhandle, clear skies except a cloud ~ 20mi away.  I get there and it’s just pouring – only on I10!.  Took all of 5 sec. to get through it.  Weather is strange.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you have any questions or comments, please contact us by clicking the button below.

Contact Us