Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

I just woke up a while ago and drank some water. I wasn’t really tired (how I can’t say) so I got caught up on parts orders and such. Then I set outside on the porch for a minute or two and watched the lightning in the distance.

I have to say, I don’t believe I’ve ever lived in a place with such an open view as I enjoy here. Its amazing. Makes me feel small and blessed both at the same time. There’s about 850 yards from my front door to the next hill and only a few trees here and there between.

What was interesting about tonight was that it was raining on that hill, (give or take 100 yards) but not at the porch. I could see lightning far off to my left that lit up the midnight sky, and in front of me, I could hear the pouring rain like a stream flowing, but nothing but a slow drip drip drip from the roof over the porch. Interesting situation.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

The joys of watching a storm work it magic !

Long ago I worked a night shift . This one particular night , keeping in mind I was in a high altitude deasert , I was checking warehouse doors walking a dock about 4′ high with rail road rails in front of the dock . It had been raining just enough to mess with the headlights and keep the mud smeered around on the windshield but never enough to wash it off . As I was walking back to the truck I noticed in the lights that the rain looked like it was like a swarm of wasps just going every direction all at once . The top of the dock was as wet as it was dry and the rail iron was dry . It was truly odd to be standing right there were just a few vertical inches made the difference between wet and dry . I miss the ridge tops where you can see from where you are to the next state for 270° and your seeing peaks and ridge lines 200 or miles away .

popper
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 293
      • Overall: 294

Years ago on I10 in Fl panhandle, clear skies except a cloud ~ 20mi away.  I get there and it’s just pouring – only on I10!.  Took all of 5 sec. to get through it.  Weather is strange.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.