Viewing 58 reply threads
  • Author
      Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Any opinion? I don’t have TV, so I had to read about it in the paper and hear about it on the radio.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 71
      • Overall: 76

Have you ever been around an old homestead and found a rusty tin can lid, you know one that you can see holes through it? Lester Holt should be castrated with one of those…………. But that’s just from memory, I have no TV and like it that way, and I didn’t read about it on any of the news sites on the ethernet because there is a decided bias , one way or another depending whose site one chooses.

All just a rabidly bitter clinger’s opinion and worth exactly what you paid for it.

Butch Wax
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 158
      • Overall: 180

Well I’ve got a TV, but don’t trust political crap and yes, Lester Holt is an idiot. So I didn’t watch the farce either.

Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 256
      • Overall: 296

I watched it.
      I think Trump could have been a little better. I felt he misused his time allotted a bit and on several occasions spent too much time on a meaningless subject but did get some good punches in and did make a few good points. He was actually tossed a couple of “soft balls ” he could have run with but didn’t. All in all considering he had never done nothing like that before I think he did all right, certainly better than I could have by far.
      Hillery was her usual haughty condescending self. You have to look at it carefully but she did have one of her “moments” when she either had a twitch or something going on. I have noticed that since Trump ( and others ) proved that Hillery is a pathological liar pure and simple beyond all doubt that she evidently noticed that the public picked right up on it and it actually gave Trump points well now she is picking up on that talking point and using it herself, Trump is a liar.
      Was it Hitler that said a lie repeated often enough becomes the truth ?

Lester Holt is anything but a idiot. He is one of the very carefully trained and positioned left wing hacks that are out there. I think he rose to prominence when they caught Brian Williams running off with the truth. If you follow him carefully you can catch him playing left wing baiting every now and then. I think they all have learned not to go around doing creative things with the truth but rather control the subject by shear omission. In other words, tell only the part of the truth that will help your cause or just don’t say anything at all. Selective news is another word for it.

In some ways I felt that if you overlooked the obvious then Hillery should have won the debate. In some ways she was better prepared. All the polls however show Trump as coming out on top to various degrees except some such as the Reuters poll and a couple of other European polls. Best to wait at least a week to see how it actually works out.

I have watched politics since back in the Eisenhower days and was a big fan of Goldwater and I have never seen nor could I ever imagine the crap that is going on right now. Trump has his flaws and is certainly not polished to say the least but in our area and town Hillery couldn’t get a job at the local library people fearing she might steal and sell the books. You just simply never trust a liar —- period. For anything. The fact the media and others are pushing her so much and go so far out of their way to ma line Trump one has to stop and wonder just exactly what the heck is going on. This isn’t normal nor does any of it make sense unless something else is afoot.

Trump is a quick learner and is most certainly teachable, lets see what happens with round number two.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Speaking purely for myself, I think Trump is awesome. He’s the first candidate I’ve ever seen who tells it exactly like the normal people I talk with every day do.
      He handled himself like a normal American would.
      He’s no saint, but the things he says and the things he does reflect more truth, and American spirit than anything I’ve seen in my life (except Reagan perhaps).
      Also, I believe he’s no ones fool. I think he has a finger on the pulse of what real people want to see, and he’s playing to that narrative. Not PC jargon, not Washington establishment, and no holds barred.
      I really think that if he gets in, there will be a breath of fresh air the likes of which America has not had in a very very long time.
      I’ve been reading about the debate all day and thinking on it, and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the debate didn’t go exactly his way. He knows Amercans root for the underdog, and he’s demonstrating an political ineptitude that drives the lib tards crazy, but makes the average American even more sure that he’s precisely the man for the job.
      It ain’t about winning a debate. It’s about winning the votes from ordinary people.

My my opinion only.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Hitler said if a lie is repeated often enough and loud enough, the people will believe it.

Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

You are so right but do keep in mind he is playing a high stakes game with very dangerous people.
      I fear for him.

Waksupi
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 106
      • Overall: 112

I would call it a draw. Pretty good, for two against one.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

No kidding.

sundog
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 28
      • Overall: 30

He may have pulled a “Chesty Puller” on them, figuring he was surrounded – had them just where he wanted them. After all, his strong suit is supposed to be the art of closing a deal. Personally, I think he was setting her up.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

It just occurs to me that in a race, sometimes you see the winner hold back and seem to be sucking wind before ramping up at the opportune moment and swarming the competition. The Donald is supposed to have an incredibly high IQ. He’s no dummy, so when he does or says “stupid” things, you have to wonder if he has a good reason? So far, he’s gotten all of America off guard and flustered, and yet, he’s still running and the polls (however biased) seem to show him crowding Hillary pretty hard, even in critical states that are supposed to be 100% democrat.
      Hes a master showman, and he knows how to offend people in such a way they simply can’t get enough of it, and succeeds in reaching his goals at the same time.
      If I were a betting man, I would think he might have intentionally done well in the first part of the debate, then (almost on cue) fumbled the second half on purpose. Perhaps to bate Hillary into playing like he’s a pushover.
      Could be he’ll hold back a little in the next debate, then knock her freakin block off in the last one. I’m really curious to see how this plays out!

One thing’s for sure, if he wins by a land slide in November, he did everything exactly right, and everybody in Washington will be licking their pencils and flipping their dam notepads.

I’m rooting for the Donald!!!!

redriverhunter
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 22
      • Overall: 47

I think Trump did better but I am a bit bias, what I think was most interesting is I noticed Trump were a American flag pin while hilliary did not humm. I have also noticed Trump seems to get more photos with a the U.S. flag in the back and not so much with hilliary.

Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Interesting observation

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

You have to have flags around in order to be seen with one. The DNC was horribly and obviously lacking any sort of Stars and Stripes.

popper
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 293
      • Overall: 294

What debates? What was debated? Guess i missed it. Oh well, back to casting or something useful.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

De bate what was showin on da television.
      Har.

Seriously though. It was one of three of the most influential news broadcasts, which will dictate whether we get to buy powder and primers after November.
      Keep reloading, and enjoy it while it lasts. Me? I’m buying 8 pounders like it’s going out of style.

JPHolla
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 120
      • Overall: 121

Goodsteel;n10145 wrote: You have to have flags around in order to be seen with one. The DNC was horribly and obviously lacking any sort of Stars and Stripes.

You must have missed this little tidbit from her earlier days:

“Where is the G*damn f**king flag! I want the G*damn f**king flag up every morning at f**king sunrise.” Inside the White House by Ronald Kessler, p.244- Hillary to staff at the Arkansas Governor’s mansion on Labor Day 1991.

What a patriot!

Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

potty mouth

popper
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

First ‘De bate’ I heard on radio was Ike-Stevenson. Last I paid any attention to was Buckley – Vidal. Kinda like the tin can soldier in Monte Python. News casters imitate Pravda. Just got back from Mom’s 97 birthday party in the independent living place. Didn’t bring cake, just nuts. Did have a good visit with my older Bro. who drove in from Tuscon. Got another school dist. here accepting the bribe for boys in girls quarters, POTUS is bribing them with OUR money to cram perversion down OUR throats. Solution – fire the school boards, elect new people.

WCM
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 368
      • Overall: 398

Buying more powder and clips sounds like a good plan.
      I just ordered more Rel 15, N140 and Longshot.

All that may be very hard to get in about a month.

WCM
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Well, it looks as though they are going to put ole Slick Willie back up in the White House.

Larry Gibson
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 507
      • Overall: 562
      • Gold

Trouble is it’s the RINO’s in the GOP that are going to do it……….

lar45
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 224
      • Overall: 245

I wish we had a 3rd option 🙁

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 789
      • Overall: 873

I don’t know looks like Trump might have scored a heavier glove on the Clintons that many only wish they could have.
      Funny CNN ( communist news network) say hillary won but when they (Fox) polled the audience many sided toward Trump.
      Maybe just maybe he might have pulled it off…….

WCM
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Trump did much better last night in the second debate.

WCM
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

lar45;n10393 wrote: I wish we had a 3rd option 🙁

You are correct. The choices are horrific.
      I have never seen anything this bad in my life.

WCM
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Bill Clinton now says that Trump supporter are “Standard Rednecks”

There have two presidents in my lifetime that I would consider to be White Trash.
      One was Lyndon Johnson,and the other Bill Clinton.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

Do the Clintons think everyone has forgotten where they came from ?
      They are fast proving every Boss Hogg redneck negative ever stereotyped .
      Those hicks are making rednecks everywhere look bad .

No offense intended toward the Dukes , uncle Jessie and Daisy class honest ,hard working ,helping hand , shirt off their back rednecks .
      I believe I could vehemently dislike those festering pustules of decay that have the gall to to imply that we are somehow what’s wrong with the system.

Waksupi
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 106
      • Overall: 112

WCM;n10444 wrote: Bill Clinton now says that Trump supporter are “Standard Rednecks”

There have two presidents in my lifetime that I would consider to be White Trash.
      One was Lyndon Johnson,and the other Bill Clinton.

Actually, I just heard the quote from BC, and he referred to himself as a hillbilly.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Great now he’s gonna make the Hatfield s and McCoy s look bad …….

WCM
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

I don’t think Bill Clinton is a Redneck. I think he is trash,and there is a difference.
      He has a very high IQ and is a master at politics, but he just happens to be trash.
      That is one reason he was impeached.

Some would call me a redneck I suppose.
      A redneck that can fix a tractor, play jazz guitar,and likes to read Tolstoy and Fyodor Dostoyevsky.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

You guys can say what you want, but personally, I’ve quite enjoyed every bit of Trump’s campaign and I’m going to punch his ticket with vigor and gusto. The whole PC thing has been rubbing me under the collar for years. It’s like a religion in Washington. Trump rides roughshod over their proverbial PC rose garden like a track hoe stuck on wide open with a busted break. I’m telling you, I don’t necessarily agree with everything he says, but it’s SOOOOOOOO sweet to see him rub their nose in their own hypocrisy.
      This is the USA where the politicians fight tooth and nail to preserve the death toll of the unborn and they gasp when it comes to light that at the same time Bill was writing his name in ****on a blue dress, Trump talked trash about grabbing women in an intimate manner.
      The double standard in this country makes me sick. Trump may not be a saint, but he splashes that double standard all over the news with delicious regularity.

WCM
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

The Supreme Court appointments will shape the course of the Constitution and the Second Amendment for years to come.
      That is why I would vote for Trump.
      I personally don’t like Trump or Clinton,and I think we are pretty much screwed either way.

It is a no win situation IMO.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

WCM;n10477 wrote: The Supreme Court appointments will shape the course of the Constitution and the Second Amendment for years to come.
      That is why I would vote for Trump.
      I personally don’t like Trump or Clinton,and I think we are pretty much screwed either way.

It is a no win situation IMO.

I agree with you on the SC appointees, but I’m not so sure we’d be screwed at all with Trump in office. The guy talks like garbage, but I learned a long time ago to look at people’s actions rather than what they say. Every single person he has appointed to his campaign has been a home run hitter. A presidency is a reflection of the cabinet surrounding the head man more than it is the man himself.
      Also, like I was saying the last election cycle, Obama got in because people didn’t like the fact that Romney was a Mormon. He was a pretty solid candidate and his actions in office would have led the country in a positive direction, but many didn’t vote for him because his religion was a little wacky. The consequences of Christians and conservatives only voting for a man who looks like a baptist preacher led to the worst persecution and government overreach this country has ever seen.
      We’ll see if they learned from their mistake, or if they will keep their head buried in the sand this time as well. One thing’s for sure: The choices aren’t going to get any better till people make some hard decisions and start eating the broccoli so they can have the ice cream.
      Trump is a blaggard, but he’s what we deserve after laying down on the job for the past two election cycles. If we lose our country, it’s going to be because conservatives were just too concerned with the way things should be to see the way things are, and design a path toward rebuilding. The only people we fight harder than liberals is other conservatives, and that’s just got to stop. Every election cycle that passes is making the problem worse and worse.

WCM
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

I though Romney would have made a good president.
      I think he was a religious Kook, but harmless in that respect.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

WCM;n10479 wrote: I though Romney would have made a good president.
      I think he was a religious Kook, but harmless in that respect.

Exactly my thoughts. Even if his religious leanings were not as “harmless” as you say, it’s really hard to see how he could have been as harmful as Obama has been. Our womenfolks cant even go to the bathroom in piece for crying out loud!
      Conservatives are losing their foothold in this nation and it’s totally preventable!

oldblinddog
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 110
      • Overall: 114

WCM;n10457 wrote: I don’t think Bill Clinton is a Redneck. I think he is trash,and there is a difference.
      He has a very high IQ and is a master at politics, but he just happens to be trash.
      That is one reason he was impeached.

Some would call me a redneck I suppose.
      A redneck that can fix a tractor, play jazz guitar,and likes to read Tolstoy and Fyodor Dostoyevsky.

Don’t confuse IQ with cleverness. His IQ isn’t much more than average, but he is clever…like most white trash.

WCM
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

oldblinddog;n10496 wrote:

Don’t confuse IQ with cleverness. His IQ isn’t much more than average, but he is clever…like most white trash.

I should have said he is very good at manipulating people.
      Very convincing speaker.

Like all politicians, this is a known trait,and one that is mastered in order to gain power.

His claim to be a “Redneck” is just another ploy to try to appeal to that demographic. group.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Bill could walk into a room and shake hands with 50 people and have a short conversation. Three years later he could recall all the information that was shared, on eye contact with the person he spoke to. He would just walk up, shake your hand and say something like “hi James, how’s everything at Hewlett-Packard? How’s Shirley and your kids Abe and John? Good to see you! Gosh it’s been years! Last time was what….the fundraiser in silver city right?
      Great to see you! Be sure to vote!”

And away he went.

WCM
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Goodsteel;n10502 wrote: Bill could walk into a room and shake hands with 50 people and have a short conversation. Three years later he could recall all the information that was shared, on eye contact with the person he spoke to. He would just walk up, shake your hand and say something like “hi James, how’s everything at Hewlett-Packard? How’s Shirley and your kids Abe and John? Good to see you! Gosh it’s been years! Last time was what….the fundraiser in silver city right?
      Great to see you! Be sure to vote!”

And away he went.

He is a master at politics. The best I have seen.
      He is coaching Hillary to the White House.

I see Trump as a Demagogue.
      I don’t believe he can win the election with his following , but we will see.

As I have said I don’t like or trust either one, but I don’t trust politicians in general.
      The only politician in my lifetime that I liked was Ronald Regan, and even he screw me over with the Capital Gains taxes on timber sales.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

The first election I voted in was Bills first term. It’s been s total crap chute since then. The politicians are a bunch of creeps, but my biggest problem is watching the good conservative people squabble amongst themselves and tear eachother down at every turn while the forces of evil stand united and prevail with a wink and a smirk.
      I truly believe that a conservative president could get a lot further if more than half his constituency was solidly behind him.
      Thus, a liberal creep get in office and the only enemies they have are a third of the Conservative party, whereas if a conservative gets in, he’s fighting an uphill battle against the media, the evil leftists, and two thirds of his own party who think he’s doing it wrong. Therefore an evil baby killing, marriage destroying punk has a free ride and rules over the cowering right wing like a tyrant, but a conservative who won by a landslide can’t hardly tie his shoes unless he does what the left wants. A bad decision is the only one he can make in relative piece because over half the people yelling at him shut up for five minutes when he does.
      (Sigh).
      It’s time to get behind somebody and make some progress in Washington, because if we don’t, America will end the same way it started, and it’s coming very soon.

Wright Arms
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 130
      • Overall: 138

Goodsteel;n10507 wrote: The first election I voted in was Bills first term. It’s been s total crap chute since then. The politicians are a bunch of creeps, but my biggest problem is watching the good conservative people squabble amongst themselves and tear eachother down at every turn while the forces of evil stand united and prevail with a wink and a smirk.
      I truly believe that a conservative president could get a lot further if more than half his constituency was solidly behind him.
      Thus, a liberal creep get in office and the only enemies they have are a third of the Conservative party, whereas if a conservative gets in, he’s fighting an uphill battle against the media, the evil leftists, and two thirds of his own party who think he’s doing it wrong. Therefore an evil baby killing, marriage destroying punk has a free ride and rules over the cowering right wing like a tyrant, but a conservative who won by a landslide can’t hardly tie his shoes unless he does what the left wants. A bad decision is the only one he can make in relative piece because over half the people yelling at him shut up for five minutes when he does.
      (Sigh).

I’d say this is about the best, short version of the situation I’ve seen yet. It doesn’t matter so much who wins this election. The legislative branch is in such a morass little of anything will get done. The Supreme Court nominations are what matters here. This is because so much will wind up getting decided by the judicial branch due to the disfunction in the legislative branch. The direction of the county for several decades is what’s at stake. And it appears the RNC is just as eager to see Trump lose as the DNC. We’re in trouble.

WCM
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2016/10/17/wikileaks-says-assanges-internet-link-was-severed-by-state-party.html#

I wish they had run a buffoon like Joe Biden and a knucklehead like Jeb Bush..
      Maybe then we wouldn’t be sooooo..screwed.

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Trump said you had 30 years to fix it Hillary ….

hmmmmmm let’s see something, let’s talk 30 years ago to today

1980 – 68.8% over 18 year olds had Highschool , 16.2% had college
      2015 – 29.6% over 18 year olds had Highschool, 58.2% had college

College education cost
      1980 to 2015 198.2% increase in cost at a public 4 year degree college, More for a private non profit school.

Employment rate vs population ( those not included in 1980 to 2012 was military, retired, student, unemployed, seasonal workers, after 2013 Military, and seasonal workers was counted in the employment rate)

1980 63.8% employed 36.2% not in the workforce
      1984 64.5% employed 35.5% not in the workforce ( note at the end of Regan’s eight years that employment ratio went up 66.8% employed, peaked right before B. Clinton signed NAFTA)
      2015 61.4% employed 38.6% not in the workforce

median wage ( in 1980 “entitlements”, retirements was not counted, but now is)

1980 (in 2015 dollars) $46,411.24
      2015 $55,775.00

Hey that’s Great a 83% increase but wait because the College rate is so much higher I have pay 198% more in college just to make 83% more and there are 3.1% less jobs???
      So I pay 183% more in higher education to become equivalent to 1980 High school Degree, as now the higher number of degrees means my degree is worth less. And I have to pay back all those loans while enduring a 3.1% less available jobs which dictates starting at a lower than the average median employment wage because as a College Grad I have no experience.

One would think what is needed more than higher education is more job availability,
      So that you could work your way through college then progress into a higher paying job.
      Are we as a nation a special kind of stupid that we don’t see this??? WTH (translated What The Heck).

Really we are going to make College free with a almost 200% increase in cost, what we firing all the private and public schools turning them over to the Guberment enslaving acedemia and forcing them to educate for food, and shelter? or are we going to tax the rich to the point they take themselves and their money else where, Which means less jobs, then be forced to tax the pee pee outta the middle class? typical Democrat can only exist if they have their hands in somebody else’s pockets ……….yours not theirs.
      That is my point of view from my foxhole I hope yours is brighter.

WCM
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

My son found it hard when he first got out of college . He has a master degree in the history of political thought from Exeter University in the UK. He had full scholarships in his academic studies.

He wanted to live here in the area and found nothing but $9 to $10 and hour jobs.
      He went to work as a lumber grader at a local sawmill for $15 and hour and worked 70 + hours a week.

He has now worked his way up to a sawmill inspector for much of the southeast.

He is a brilliant young man with an outstanding work ethic.
      This is a rare trait in the day we live.

He has to travel a lot but now has a good job with upward mobility.

I think experience and hard work can pay off.

Remember there are many people who want jobs , but they come from the entitlement generation that think the world owns them something.
      They want to play on their cell phone and get paid $50,000 a year.

So being a brilliant young man who is willing to work hard puts you way ahead of the curve.
      There are still good opportunities out there but most require a lot of hard work.

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

WCM,
      hopefully I don’t pull off my statement to sound like I disagree with your post. As it is echoes my thoughts.

Yeah, it is nowhere near the upward mobility that we enjoyed 20-30 years ago, yet the young’ en are asked for more for less (that is the Hidden generation that sits between us the baby boomers and the Millennials) .

The way it is, does not make sense to me. the ratios are askew. If someone get a masters degree really I would expect them to be at the upper level of the wage earning potential not in the barely over the median. Your son’s experience is too common. I’m glad he is doing well,

College is now the new High School of the 1980s.

If NAFTA and other bad trade deals had not been ratified ( and honestly Congress are as much to blame as the President), our rate should have been about 70% today for employment given the increase that was shown all the way to the Clinton which started to decline.

One candidate stated to the other your buildings are built with steel from China the truth is that is where a vast majority of the steel is from. Made with US Ore, our great steel mills are now empty buildings. I could rant on about how much is coming from China but the raw ore or supplies come from here.

Like I said it is askew academia has sold a false hood to the masses (everyone can be a Manager because it lined their pockets) , and now we are the lemmings running toward the cliff.

And unless we stop them and correct the record, the younger generation that plays with their phones all the time will just be status quo and follow the heard as it is a comfortable place to be… Onward to the cliffs.

WCM
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

I really don’t think my sons college degree gave him much edge other that learning ability. He didn’t even mention it on his resume in some cases.
      Most bosses recognized him as an abstract thinker and a problem solver.

I think his willingness to work hard and be part of the solution and the team was key.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

In no way should sitting in class for 4 years guarantee you that you can bump a man with solid experience out of the way for a cush job.
      I went to college and got a degree in Machine Tool Technology with a minor in English (I loved what I learned about writing!). I graduated with a 4.0GPA.
      Then I went to work in a machine shop. I scrapped everything I touched at first. The older machinists would say “That book learning doesn’t make you a machinist boy” to which I humbly replied “Yes sir”.
      I kept a second part time job at Kroger to help make the ends meet. Then the economy crashed and my boss told me I had to find work elsewhere because he couldn’t let go his senior machinists to keep me. He was pretty torn up about it too. I shook his hand and thanked him for the experience and for giving me a chance.
      I considered going back to school and getting further education as a mechanical engineer, as I was absolutely confident I could do very well at that, but decided against it because I’m REALLY good at working with my hands and that’s what I really enjoy. Besides that, I had invested my life in the pursuit of a career supported by my mastery of machine tools, and I wasn’t giving up on that specific path. I know far too many people who blow their opportunities by floundering from thing to thing instead of picking a direction and sticking to it like glue. I tied a knot in the end of the rope and dug in my heels.
      I hit the road with my resume which reflected my college education and 1 year of experience. I applied at every machine shop I could find and kept heading north. I applied at 153 shops and got the door slammed in my face each time. Finally I found a shop that would give me a shot in Fayetteville Arkansas. From the first job I took there, I nearly doubled their production on every job I was given. My intimate knowledge of metal and how to make it do what I want served me extremely well, and my boss used me to find the best production rate for every single line in the shop. Everything I touched turned to gold for them (except that one time I ran a 3/4″ drill bit through the table of their best jig-bore. Bummer! Boss said “Id fire you, but I need you to finish this job”. Whew!)
      I wound up running the heat treat dept, and three brand new state of the art wire EDM machines and subbing on the CNC mills when they needed a hand or a problem solved. While I worked for this company, my pay doubled, but those darned EDM’s was where they ended up sticking me, because I increased the production 400%, and the heat treat dept was running like a top.

At no time did my education do me a single favor………until I got married to the girl of my dreams who had some pretty serious medical problems which threatened to undermine everything.
      I needed better insurance for my wife. It seemed like about the time I got done paying down one $1500 medical bill, the next one came up, and it was eating my lunch.
      I had heard about an aerospace company close to my home town, and they were supposed to have excellent medical benefits. I sent in my application and about a month later they called and asked……..if I had a college education as it was a requirement to work there and they had trouble finding machinists with higher education. I was able to say, “why yes, as a matter of fact I do.”
      I was hired and they received the benefits that I bring to the table wherever I work, and I received the benefits of working at one of the highest tech companies in the state. That college education payed off after all, but nothing was given to me, and I received no entitlements whatsoever. Furthermore, I think that’s exactly the way college should work for everybody.
      It’s not something you do so you can get a job when you get out. It’s sacrificing your best years up front so you have a better future in the end, and it still works that way IMHO. It’s all these guys saying “I got my education, and then I had to work for a living, and that’s just not right” that I just don’t understand. In the history of the world, only those born in the USA in the past 30 years would EVER take such a flippant view of education as that.
      My father is a bonafide rocket scientist and he worked at a steel mill to put himself through college. A very hard start to a very exciting life. It’s not the direction I wanted to go, but more power to him!!!

WCM
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Great story Tim. I appreciate you sharing it with us.

I consider my son the greatest accomplishment of my life.

slim1836
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 63
      • Overall: 66

Fell asleep before it began. Already know who I’m voting for. Going to early vote in case I show up on election day and find out I’ve already voted.

Slim

WCM
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Well I have now cast my vote for the preservation of the US Constitution.
      I have done my part , now it is up the rest of the nation.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Thank you.

WCM
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Goodsteel;n10962 wrote: Thank you.

Maybe Weiner saved the day.
      I knew he must be good for something, I just could figure out what.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I cast my vote for Trump Saturday. Many people say they had to “hold their nose and vote” but I absolutely do not feel that way at all. In my time voting, I trust the Donald more than any other candidate that’s been on the ballot. All his dirty laundry is on the fence, but I think hes a baptist preacher in comparison with the people running our country into the ground. The man says what he thinks without wringing his hands and saying “mother may I” all the time. He’s made his bones with good old fashioned hard work and business savvy. Yeah, he screwed over a few people. That’s NOTHING compared to the schmucks on capitol hill who NEVER represent us, and who make millions on the backs of American tax payers. He’s a much better option than civil war, and by God that is what’s coming if the people don’t get off their butts and get control of this country again. At best, Trump will give us the ability to do that. At worst, he’ll buy us time till we can.

If Hilary gets in, and continues the momentum of Obama’s socialist, anti-American, big government train, then I truly believe that freedom is lost and the cost to regain it will be steep, whether we succeed or not.

God help us. God save us and our way of life. God forgive us for letting domestic enemies take what is only guaranteed by our willingness to sacrifice for it, and God protect us when we repent and take it back!

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Leon Czolgosz . There’s a name to remember . He made Theodore Roosevelt president in 1901 . Leon isn’t so well known outside Zero factor enthusiasts .

William McKinley was a real Bull of an American , the Donald sounds a lot like him.

​​​​

popper
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Got to Wikileaks and read the TPP that Clinton WILL sign. Read the ‘immigration’ section. Our country will be controlled by a committee, just like the EU, so most of our laws (& courts) are over-ridden. Our patents are pretty much ignored now that patents have ‘gone’ international. Go to google earth, look up Kassel, Gmb. See all the auto factories there? Made by Muslims – city gov. is overrun/taken. Couldn’t get anything but lamb shish kabob when I was over there >10 yrs ago, hasn’t gotten better. Press & debates mean nothing.

popper
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

https://wikileaks.org/tisa/#October%2014,%202016%20Publication
      Link to TiSA & TTiP. “TiSA is the largest of the three proposed giant multinational trade agreements. Along with the TPP and TTIP, the “Three Big T’s” create a new global economic and legal bloc. TiSA is the agreement around the vitally important services industry. According to World Bank figures, services comprise around 75% of the EU economy, 80% of the US economy and the majority of economies of most countries. The global economy is shifting towards a service-oriented economy. However, despite its importance both the US Presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump have thus far given no position on the TiSA Agreement.” & “EU’s list of bilateral demands to the United States, Chile, Taiwan, Columbia, Costa Rica, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Mauritius, Mexico, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Switzerland, Turkey, explained in our analysis. The demands cover Financial Services, Energy and Mining, Telecommunications, Maritime Services, Government Procurement, Monopolies, E-Commerce, Domestic Regulation and more.” From Wiki.

popper
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

The socio-economic history NOT taught in our schools (cause it debunks Keynesian).

The Mississippi Company and the fall of France. Begins with the War of the Spanish Succession during Loiuse14. France ‘owned’ most of N. America & Caribbean. Spain has Mexico & desert S.W. N. America. Extravagant spending, wars & global depression left France with a 1.5 billion # Sterling debt.

Louise15 brings in John Law (gambler/economist(?) and drinker). He creates paper money backed by the Kings Promise. Law invents a trading company & State Bank Royale to control trade in the Americas, the Mississippi Company. Sells shares for 500#s, then (maybe futures market invented here?) 15K# each. They export colonists, prisoners & prostitutes to Louisiana – but cheaper to colonize Canada. French Colony & Company fail and there is a run on Bank Royale. (1720). Then there is the 7 years war, France is REALLY BROKE (1754-1763). Along comes Louise16 (1774-1779). He lets a guy named Neker take out large international loans to keep out of the red (and donates a trivial amount to the American Revolution) which doesn’t work (haha). Then Colonne tried massive spending (public works projects/employment) to keep the Monarchy stable. That doesn’t work either. After all that, the people revolt. Mr. Guillotine prevails with his new invention. 1791 – Haitian revolt (Africa too) drains more money from the coffers. Then, in a dire situation, We get to buy the Louisiana territory for $10M. Were we really that worried about Spain moving further into the territory? History says no, no real Spanish there until Texas.

Let’s recap. After 100’s of years at war, Louise14 was actually a pretty good King, fighting the establishment (local elite & Holy Roman Empire – located in Germany – created by Charlemagne) to make reforms and get back into the black. He did lose his head. Nothing new here, same thing in past civilizations – do we ever learn?

Sound familiar? World Bank, TTiP, NAFTA, cheap loans, Treasury printing, Fannie & Freddie, wild spending, trade deficits. That stuff pretty much doesn’t work. It just allows the ‘elite’ to accumulate wealth. Unfortunately that is the thinking of our ‘elites’. Real wealth comes from converting natural resources to salable product. The ‘elites’ call that exploitation of labor. So the Adams version of economics was developed.

So, for what it’s worth, we have to get back to producing product or we stay in the dumpster.

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I’m not sure but I think Trump will lose the election

Viewing 58 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.