- February 12, 2016 at 5:58 pm #23726GoodsteelKeymaster
- Posts: 208
- Comments: 2452
- Overall: 2660
Check this out. Stumbled on this video on a YouTube crawl:
- February 12, 2016 at 6:35 pm #23731IllinoisCoyoteHunterParticipant
- Posts: 7
- Comments: 74
- Overall: 81
Dang…I only hope that if I ever end up in a tough situation like those I will be that tough.
- February 12, 2016 at 6:42 pm #23732AnonymousInactive
- Posts: 6
- Comments: 123
- Overall: 129
Wow, now that is tough. Some people just refuse to die.
- February 12, 2016 at 8:54 pm #23745HarterParticipant
- Posts: 76
- Comments: 807
- Overall: 883
I read that Dance Boon was deemed too old for the Lewis and Clark trip. At age 86 he made his last long hunt returning home after just 3 months . I am a sissy compared to these truly hardened men.
- February 13, 2016 at 12:39 am #23762chutesnreloadsParticipant
- Posts: 4
- Comments: 161
- Overall: 165
Years ago as a young soldier I learned I was somewhat tougher than I WANTED to be. These men LIVED that life not knowing any different.Yeah,next to them, i’m a wimp
- February 13, 2016 at 8:07 pm #23864PasturedragParticipant
- Posts: 0
- Comments: 15
- Overall: 15
Tough hammer knockers there !!
- February 13, 2016 at 8:39 pm #23866MennerParticipant
- Posts: 4
- Comments: 120
- Overall: 124
When qualifying with the 1911 for Petty Officer of the watch a Gunnery Sgt. and I had a discussion about proper stance I shoot a weaver (always have just feels more comfortable to me) and he had me square up to the line and wanted me to shoot Isosceles, in part of the discussion justifying myself I said that I provided a narrower target and he countered with if you get hit in the chest it will get both lungs, squared up it would only get one lung and I could continue to fight, I told him that if I got shot in the chest the most likely thing to happen would be I would fall on the ground and cry like a little girl. (He did not see the humor in that) but after he found that I was a Sailor that could actually shoot we got along just fine and he let me shoot weaver after that.(He Actually Said huh you can shoot after seeing my target. I took that as a compliment coming from Gunny)
- February 14, 2016 at 3:37 am #23906Wright ArmsParticipant
- Posts: 8
- Comments: 130
- Overall: 138
Nothing has killed me, yet. One day, something will. Then, perhaps, I will be able to answer this question.
- February 18, 2016 at 6:46 am #24422Sgt. MikeParticipant
- Posts: 84
- Comments: 789
- Overall: 873
- February 18, 2016 at 4:58 pm #24438Larry GibsonParticipant
- Posts: 55
- Comments: 507
- Overall: 562
That’s back when men were men and women were glad of it……..
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.