Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      goody
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 74
      • Overall: 92

I have a few vz24’s. I want to get the best out of them in cast and learn in the process so I figure if I take a vz24 take off barrel, cut about 3 inches into the barrel from chamber and drill out the rifling to cast slug size and make an adjustable pin to push slug down into neck this should work, no? What am I missing and am I nuts for doing this?

Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 256
      • Overall: 296

This is basically what is involved but accuracy of the project is really what is required.
      A lot of military chambers tend to be a bit oversize so check the fit of the case you will be using.
      A small flat base that fits the lower end is a good idea and helps with alignment.
      Indicate dead true the barrel stub and true ream to remove the rifling and hold the size you
      want to w/n plus .0005. You can polish it out later if you need more clearance.

Check the TIR of the loaded round both before and after making up the die, you should notice a difference.
      I think these types of dies work and help with accuracy but you also have to do your homework and have
      everything else working as it should.

goody
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 74
      • Overall: 92

I got a few brandnew 8mm military barrels on a few but they have the generous military chamber or neck area. A stock 8mm die does not give me the finished product I want. I really like the lee maxi 245 gr mold and that baby is long .

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.