Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Dick
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 77
      • Overall: 87

After 7 weeks of rigorous (so they claim) physical and academic training, I have at long last returned home. I’m sure Coors’ bottom line is also going to take a hit as well, lol.

I’ve been viciously attacked by 2 kids and a Boxer, got a 2 page honey do list, and assessed the reloading room. Reloading room looks bad since I left it looking like a tornado rolled through it.

Testing on the horizon:
      Develop small rifle primer loads in the 45 acp using SPP brass.
      Develop small rifle primer loads in the 9mm.
      Do load development and accuracy testing for a few new bullets.
      Test Ben’s liquid lube against Eezox and CLP for rust prevention and document it.

All in all I am happy to be back home!!

MTtimberline
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 37
      • Overall: 40

Welcome home Dick and good luck on your projects. I have been clearing the dust off of some of my projects that have been collecting dust after a two year run of being busy with my work. The reloading room is coming around and getting some improvements though.

Artful
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 428
      • Overall: 615

Good to hear from you, Sir. I trust you’ll post your most interesting tests on this board.

chutesnreloads
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 161
      • Overall: 165

funny how projects get put on the back burner and near forgotten about…

bjornb
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 163
      • Overall: 176

Dick,
      First of all welcome home!! Having met your family I know you’re in good (but busy) hands now.
      What’s up with the rifle primer projects? Sounds intriguing; have you talked to others about results with rifle primers in pistols? Or are you planning to use them in carbines (Hi-Point type)?

Dick
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 77
      • Overall: 87

Chutesnreloads: That I the truth right there!! I already had a bunch of projects backed up due to the wintertime blues and having enough loaded ammo to blast through. The wife and I did great job of emptying the ammo cans so now I have something to do, lol. She wants to teach her friend to shoot now, and last time that happened he went through over 500 rds that day. A Glock 17 with 6 magazines and a couple of happy women shooting plays havoc on an ammo stash, lol.

Artful: I plan to. Once I get over the laziness of setting up the chrony, I plan to work up safe loads with the SRP. I have a ton of them, but don’t shoot much small rifle so I want to use them in my pistols. Gives me more options for the component/ammo/firearm shortage due to come this November. As for the rust preventatives, It’s something I want to wring out as best I can. Down here in SW Georgia, rust is a major issue. Even Eezox was struggling, but everything I have coated with Ben’s Liquid Lube has remained rust free for months on end with no issues. The stuff does a great job keeping pistols rust free even when sweated on hours at a time.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.