- April 25, 2016 at 11:52 pm #27322reloader762Participant
- Posts: 15
- Comments: 80
- Overall: 95
Came across the forum this morning while browsing some topics on another. After looking around and noticing some of the names it looks like a great place to hang out. I’ve been casting and shooting cast bullets off an on for 20+ years in several rifle caliber mainly 30 cal. as the name implies as well as multiple handgun caliber’s but my 38 cal. revolvers are my favorite. I’m up to around 16 moulds and just recently purchased a new NOE mould I have to break in this weekend.
As stated all my rifles are 30 cal. not sure how that worked out just has over the years. I shoot an old Sav.170B 30-30.Sav.99 in 300 Sav. a couple SKS rifles in the Yugo and Chinese variety and couple Mosin rifle in the M44 carbine and 91/30 version. I shoot cast lead in them all pretty much 99% of the time and have had great success.
I also started powder coating my pistol bullets about a year ago and they have worked out great,hope to start shooting some coated rifle bullet this summer and see how they fair agents my current non coated loads.
- April 26, 2016 at 12:16 am #27323skeettxParticipant
- Posts: 16
- Comments: 197
- Overall: 213
Hello and welcome
My daughter lives in Boone, N.C.
- April 26, 2016 at 12:26 am #27324GoodsteelKeymaster
- Posts: 208
- Comments: 2452
- Overall: 2660
Welcome to the GSF. Pull up a up of coffee and sit a spell.
- April 26, 2016 at 12:52 am #27326HarterParticipant
- Posts: 76
- Comments: 807
- Overall: 883
Welcome from way out west
- April 26, 2016 at 1:45 am #27328ScharfschuetzeParticipant
- Posts: 3
- Comments: 190
- Overall: 193
Yes, welcome aboard!
I spent quite a bit of time at Fort Bragg in North Carolina with the Army. I really liked the Wilmington area and my wife and I would spend holidays on the beach there.
- April 26, 2016 at 9:48 am #27330ArtfulParticipant
- Posts: 187
- Comments: 428
- Overall: 615
Hello from AZ 🙂
- April 26, 2016 at 11:17 am #27332AnonymousInactive
- Posts: 6
- Comments: 123
- Overall: 129
Hi and welcome, also from NC.
- April 26, 2016 at 11:29 am #27333DeadWoodDanParticipant
- Posts: 11
- Comments: 80
- Overall: 91
Welcome, lots of knowledge here and friendly people to help out with most questions.
- April 27, 2016 at 2:50 am #27373chutesnreloadsParticipant
- Posts: 4
- Comments: 161
- Overall: 165
Spent a bit of time in N.C.Welcome and come on in.Sounds like you’ll be comfortable here from the start
- April 30, 2016 at 2:27 pm #27455Larry GibsonParticipant
- Posts: 55
- Comments: 507
- Overall: 562
I also spent my fair share of time in the Fort Bragg area and also a lot of time in ’07 – ’10 training Marines at numerous training sites in the eastern part of North Carolina and Virginia. Welcome tho this forum……it’s a great firearms site.
- May 10, 2016 at 3:15 am #27721JeffGParticipant
- Posts: 2
- Comments: 9
- Overall: 11
Welcome from NC as well.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.