Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      doc1876
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 51
      • Overall: 61

Trying to contact them for a couple of days, about a missing issue, I talk to a guy in their distribution company, and he said that they have closed permanently, and to Google search them. I did, and it seems that Thursday they did close their doors because print media is not in demand.

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831

I saw that in the news yesterday, and tried to “contact” them via their website to check on what will happened to the rest of my subscription to Ballistic magazine. The link did not work.

Screwbolts
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 97
      • Overall: 101

I have been on the short end of the stick with 2 different Rags were the outfit closed after recently receiving my paid subscription money. One was a Black Powder Hunting Rag and the other was the IMAA’s, High Flight rag along with my renewed membership money. The IMAA excepted my dues and closed there doors 3 weeks later. In my case the money was gone, no website, no contact info, the outfits are gone. no letters explaining why, just no more Magazines

I wish you luck with your subscription money.

Ken

Artful
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 428
      • Overall: 615

Ah, shades of Machine Gun News – sorry for your loss

doc1876
      Participant
      • Bronze

My friend that writes for some magazines said that he got a email today from a lawyer for Harris Publication that they will be sending out a small refund to the subscribers.

Mike W1
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 19
      • Overall: 21

Got a form in the mail today so filed a claim online. Be interesting to see how that turns out. I bought their first issue in a newstand and have subscribed ever since. At this point it’d be hard to say how many issues I’ve already gotten on a 1-29-16 renewal. They didn’t put the mail label on the magazine but on the plastic envelope.

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Got my form in the mail today also. Looks like a lot of legal crap to try to recoup the remainder of my subscription. At least it is better than nothing.

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I just completed my claim for reimbursement of my subscription to the magazine Ballistic.

I have attached a scan of what I included.

doc1876
      Participant
      • Bronze

update:
      most of you will have received your Guns of the Old West by now (I haven’t, hence the reason I have the contact number ). If you had a subscription, the new company is honoring those. If you need assistance there is a great woman at the end of the phone who is more than happy to help.

800-284-56668

Mike W1
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 19
      • Overall: 21

A pleasant surprise today with the arrival of the Feb. 2017 Combat Handguns magazine in my mailbox. Apparently another Company took it over. Nice end to a week that saw the fall of Hilliary and 5 democrat State Senators in Iowa, all of whom have been thorns to law abiding gun owners.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.