Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      WCM
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 368
      • Overall: 398

I would like to give a special thanks to all our veterans for their service to our great country.

This is your day and I hope it is a happy one for you and your family.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Thank you WCM. I was about to make this important post, but you beat me too it, so I’ll just throw in behind you and add my deepest thanks to our veteran members.

Larry Gibson
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 507
      • Overall: 562
      • Gold

Much appreciated guys, went to the local Veterans Day Parade and ceremony her in Lake Havasu. Was nice. Veterans Day always has a special meaning for me (other than I’m a veteran) in that it’s only 3 days after the 8th of November. Fifty one years ago I lost a lot of comrades, the Army a lo of good soldiers and the country some of it’s finest citizens. I worked the election polls late that night but still found a moment to go out in the dark when I got home to raise a toast to them and remember…..lest we forget.

If you want google Big and Rich “November 8th”…..it’s a good song about that day…..I can’t listen to it anymore……too many memories as I am getting soft in my old age…….I was a young lion once though…….to all my fellow veterans, I salute you.

Larry Gibson

Scharfschuetze
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 190
      • Overall: 193

Went to my old unit’s (1 SFG (Airborne) ceremony yesterday and enjoyed meeting up with old comrades and the newer faces. The Group Commander gave a very good speech which honored our Group’s fallen and all our vets from the unit and the military in general. Sadly, our wall continues to grow.

Here is a link to a fine song that says it all. It’s a Canadian effort and well worth the watch and listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kX_3y3u5Uo

Bullseye67
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 16
      • Overall: 16

To all Veterans. I thank you! The sacrafices were many and great. I attended 2 Remembrance Ceremonies today and then took part in a social with lunch. A lot of glasses were raised tears were shed……We Will Remember…….

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

That song is amazing.
      “Thank you” never seemed like much in comparison with the sacrifice made, but I’ll keep saying it as long as I have breath.
      Thank you.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.