This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Artful 11 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     Artful 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 428
    • Overall: 615

But it’s shooting high – put one of the magnetic raised fiber optic front sights still hitting high – what now?

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2449
    • Overall: 2656

Make sure the barrel is not bent. If it is, block it up on the workbench with 2X4 chunks and bend it back straight again. I’ve done this many times. It’s not rocket surgery. It’s a pipe. Look down it and see if you can detect the bend.

If you need help, or if you’re nervous, send it to me and I’ll take care of it for you.

Artful 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 428
    • Overall: 615

Well, Santa must love my wife – craig’s list add for Mossberg 18″ barrel with sling, Bandoleer, Extra stock and forend for $60 – Only issue was the barrel has no sights at all and the take down screw isn’t captive – Trip to ACE for a $0.33 star washer fixed the later issue (Mossberg want $3.50 and Numrich wanted $5.05 for the same part)

Now just need to get done feeding people and helping people so we can go shooting for pattern(s).

Oh, and looked at the original barrel and it doesn’t look bent/warped to me, I think it’s her technique.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you have any questions or comments, please contact us by clicking the button below.

Contact Us