This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jniedbalski 4 months ago.

• Author
     Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 178
    • Overall: 199

i picked up a new 50 cal today . Tried to post this in the black powder forum but it kept saying I wasent logged in but it workes here. It’s a 1976 Mowery 50 cal brass frame that needs a little work. Tried to email goodsteel but it won’t let me for some reason. The gun looks in good shape except the hammer wobbles a lot. Barrel looks real good and heavy 1 in 32 in long . Looks like no parts are available. The tumbler that goes through the side of the action that the hammer goes on wobbles a lot. The newer guns have a bearing surface on the tumbler that goes into the side plate to keep it all aligned. Hope I can get this gun going. Looks to good to be a wall hanger. This is what the Mowery newer style look like my gun don’t have the nub that goes into the side plate hope sombody can fix it for me thanks 

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

This is what it looks like

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

Good steel I sent you a email hope it got to you. I need somebody to work on this gun to make it a shooter again. It looks way to nice to be a wall hanger. The only way I see to fix it is with a mill or a good drill press that I do not have access to . Hope you can help thanks

Glenn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 213
    • Overall: 256

Looks like an excellent project

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

The rifle looks in great  shape. Should make a great round ball shooter if I can fix the wobble in the hammer. It’s going to take more tools and skills than I have . So hope I can find sombody to work on it for me

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.