This topic contains 12 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  DaveInGA 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
     Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2452
    • Overall: 2660
     Chris C 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 157
    • Overall: 169

A$$holes! And I emphasize the $$ ! They actually think Liberal politics and being politically correct is the way to prosper in business. Personally, I won’t shop in stores with that policy because I ALWAYS carry…………..whenever I’m wearing a belt, there’s a firearm hanging on it………..from the time I get up until the time I get in the shower at night. (when I’m in the shower there’s a riot gun outside the door of the shower.)

Last year I went to Joseph A. Banks to buy some suits and sport coats. (my old closet had stuff from the 90’s in it!) I picked out an armload of stuff to have fit and when I took off my coat for the measuring, the tailor about had a heart attack. He hit the ceiling. He was cursing and yelling and made such a fuss I just looked at him and said……….”You just lost yourself a mighty nice sale” and walked out the door. I contacted the home office and complained. They said it wasn’t their policy and must be his and they’d contact him. They did. He was gone the next week. Doesn’t pay to step on others rights.

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★

Good for you. That’s the way to handle it.

WCM 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 368
    • Overall: 398

I switched to Carhartt jeans some years back because of Levis liberal policies.

timspawn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 137
    • Overall: 166

I quit wearing Levi’s years ago when they quit giving to the Boy Scouts because the Scouts didn’t want gay men leading young boys.

Anonymous
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 71
    • Overall: 76

I certainly hope some mental giant doesn’t avail themselves of a stated gun free zone and put a hurt or worse on a handful of blue jean babes because of the aforementioned policy. Frankly, IMHO the man, Chip Bergh needs to explain how one maintains a “safe environment” without adequate tools. Perhaps he intends to persuade an attacker to death??

redriverhunter 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 22
    • Overall: 47

I used to love 501 shrink to fit great jeans, over time the quality got less yet the cost kept going up then boy scout sold me that they would not get a penny more of my money.

Scharfschuetze 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 190
    • Overall: 193

I quit buying Levi products in the 80s when their corporate opinion became known. They are headquartered in San Francisco, so I guess that explains their myopic vision.

eeyore 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 22
    • Overall: 26

Haven’t bought Levi’s since high school. Didn’t seem to last much more that a week or so in the woods.

http://www.allamericanclothing.com/m…usa/AA202.html

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★

I am a die hard Dickie’s work clothes enthusiast. Everything I wear including my boots are made by Dickies except my jeans. I wear Duluth Trading Co. jeans. They are tough as nails. Even the pockets are made of heavy gauge denim.
    Best pants I’ve ever owned.
    http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/mens-pants/mens-denim-jeans/mens-denim-ballroom-jeans.aspx

uber7mm 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 288
    • Overall: 305

Now the criminals will know where to rob….. They’ll be getting the customers too.

Thank you Mr. Bergh.

Rattlesnake Charlie 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 679
    • Overall: 831

There will be fewer of us there to rob.

DaveInGA 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 44
    • Overall: 50

I quit buying levi’s when they quit being made in USA. If I wanted to buy poorly made cheap foreign jeans, I could go to walmart and get them. Nowadays, I order from a company in Tennessee. Don’t know the name, have it in my bookmarks. Good stuff, I think they were linked above.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.