This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Darren McCann 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 735
    • Overall: 795

My oldest boy made it home from Iraq .

No stars or hearts so I guess that’s a good thing .
    His little brother had problems with the relaxed flow of business and being able to go home every night , lack of structure he said . Anyway Kentucky has to be safer than than northern Iraq .

His tone and frequency of contact changed during his tour . Hopefully it was just talking more to home home and less to general home .

Artful 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 427
    • Overall: 614

Good to hear, thank him for his service from my family!

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2396
    • Overall: 2593

Awesome news!!!! Congratulations!!! Welcome home!!!

Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★

Thanks guys I will pass along the welcomes .
    I worry , maybe more now than while he was gone . The re-entry seems to be the hardest part for most of these guys coming home .
    He is a logical thinker so maybe that will help with his debriefing and return to service .

Glenn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 150
    • Overall: 174

That is great news indeed 🙂

Some of the returning guys are suffering from PTSD.  A service dog can be an amazing help if it gets bad.  There’s a local organization here ” A veterans best friend” in Cabot Arkansas that trains PTSD service dogs at no cost to the veteran.  They just want you to help out with whatever fund raising events that they go to…  Their head trainer is a friend of mine and lives about 1/2 mile down the road, I can get you their contact info if you want.

Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★

Thank you Glen .
    I would appreciate that . The youngest boy I’m sure would appreciate it he’s at a place where some immediately impending life decisions are going to be both very hard on him and very rewarding . The oldest boy ……… It remains to be seen .

I’ll get the geography down eventually . Where is Cabot ? I guess everyone on the planet except me knows where Mena is…..

Glenn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 150
    • Overall: 174

Here’s a link to servicedog4ptsd.org.
    href=”http://www.servicedog4ptsd.org/”>http://www.servicedog4ptsd.org/
    Cabot is about 40 miles North East of Little Rock on I67.
    A Veteran’s Best Friend is just across the street from Cabot High School<a

Darren McCann 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 15
    • Overall: 19

Good evening,

Living in a town that is 20% Military families, I am always thrilled when they walk off the plane at the airport!!! Thank your son for his service. My family and I really appreciate the sacrifices military personnel make to create a safer world.

Darren

ps. One of our close friends came back with PTSD. His wood working shop and old black lab help keep him “right”.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

If you have any questions or comments, please contact us by clicking the button below.

Contact Us