Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      slim1836
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 63
      • Overall: 66

Going to Las Vegas this afternoon for the weekend. It has been on my bucket list for years and now I’m finally going. Staying at the Luxor but will hit as many as I can afford. Will get to Freemont street for a while to see those sights, but will mainly stay on the strip. Coming back Monday so sightseeing is out (like Hoover Dam and such) but expect to have a very good time while I’m there.

I’ll report back next week.

Slim

ZmanWakeForest
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 115
      • Overall: 135

Lucky man! Wish I was going with you! One of my favorite places for sure!

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

It’s not really my cup of tea, but Good luck!!!
      If I was ever that far west, I’d just drive right past vegas and meet Larry at the range. LOL!

Larry Gibson
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 507
      • Overall: 562
      • Gold

The Wife and I stayed at the Luxor when we got married. It was on the edge of the strip and there was still sage brush across the street between LV Blvd and McCairn Airport. You could still see where the house in the old Clint Eastwood movie, Guantlet, was shot to pieces……..a lot different there now. We get up there quite often, mostly to pick up or drop off someone at the airport or to shop. Don’t do the strip much except occasionally we take in a show. A few decent gunshops still there but not within walking distance of the Strip. Lots to see and do though, you should have fun…..enjoy.

Larry Gibson

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 789
      • Overall: 873

Been there several times, You will probably enjoy it. Like Larry alluded to the shows are worth looking out for.

GRUMPA
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 20
      • Overall: 32

I’m kinda like Goodsteel, Vegas just isn’t on my list. I’ve been through Vegas I think three times, and I actually stopped once……for gas. For some it’s fun, but not for me since I’m kinda the person that’s one of those salt of the earth type.

But I wish you a good time, and be safe, I hear stories from time to time, None what you would consider good.

timspawn
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 137
      • Overall: 166

My buddy just got back Wednesday. He stayed at the Luxor too.He had a blast.

kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 531
      • Overall: 587

A person used to be able to play slots and get free drinks as long as you were playing the gambling scene, at any penny ante rate.
      Used to get awesome buffets for 6.95 also.
      steak & eggs breakfast 3.95.
      and if you stood on a street corner with hands in yur pocket, some girl would offer a terrific time,
      Ahhh, yes, those were the days.
      Let us know how much times have changed !!!

uber7mm
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 288
      • Overall: 305

There’s a place where you can rent a machine gun. Your money will be spent as fast on a MP5 as it would if you put in on a crap table. I’m like GoodSteel and stay clear.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

I live in the state . Given a choice I’d take Reno 10,000 times over Vegas once . Tracking through I gas in Tonopah , Beatty and Kingman Arizona . You have to be careful with parking in Vegas if it isn’t community ownership and you don’t play the club you parked at they will tow you .
      i stayed at the Stratosphere once on company business , teach a pig come,sit and stay put on some lipstick and it’s the same silk purse . As redemption you can get a great rate at the Henderson Sienna on a 2 bed suite with a kitchenette . Glitz is swell but John Ascuaga’s Nugget in Reno headlines free shows in August . Will feed you drinks playing .25 machines until you slump on the bar . See you to your room , even if you don’t have one and treat the pudgy Alabama Daisy Dukes tube top trailer trash bimbo like the mink and diamonds $100 tipper . Unless you’re an asshole then you wake up under the overpass 2 blocks away with cops , but you really have to work at getting there . Best of all I’ve never been treated like a criminal in Reno just for showing up to spend my money .

slim1836
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 63
      • Overall: 66

Just got back an hour age and had a great trip.

Limo ride to and from the airport, the suite at the Luxor was comped along with all the food which was fantastic. Could have had free show tickets but we went to gamble and that’s what we did for 3 solid days along with Bloody Mary’s and Jack Daniels. I did go to Freemont street for a few hours to walk around. Winds kicked up to 40-60 MPH and the dust was swirling so I went back to the Luxor.

Long story short, my buddy Skip ended up with 8 or 9 W-2G’s and I got none. That’s just gambling but I had a good time. Skip took me since he is a high roller there and I had Vegas on my bucket list. If I go back it’ll be to take the wife and see some shows. And try to win back my losses.

Slim

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Sounds like an unforgettable experience regardless! Congratulations!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.