This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jniedbalski 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author
     Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 802
    • Overall: 875

Found the hoard of 257 Roberts brass . 160 pieces of never out of the boxes new , 1 lot brass packed 10/20/65 . Bushings for the Pacific D155s and a few MECs . The big win as far as parts go is the Lachmiller shell holder to replace the broken one on the press with the 12ga sizer decapping die in it , as an added bonus there is the long missing pivot pin also .

Cut glass with a silver spoon makes a nice touch .

Cool old cans of course , not seen is 4 new cans of H4831 . I ended up with about 14# of powder this sift . I know most of it is probably junk but it’s in cool cans .

Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★

I got to use the Christmas knife last night .

Step son killed a nice 4×4 with the truck . Called the SO they said “ok , any property damage ? Great , go eat it .”

“Pop good news/bad news . I hit a deer but there’s no damage to me or the truck , it’s not dead yet” it was by the time I got there .

You’re probably wondering what this has to do with that .

Dad told me if I wanted to keep the knife I had to dress a deer here with it . So I’ve fulfilled that promise now .

Glenn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 217
    • Overall: 260

If the powder was stored in a cool dry place, it might still be good.  When it starts to go bad, doesn’t it have a light rust color to it?

Cool score on the 257 brass, do you have a 257 to go with it?

Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★

We had powder for 50 yr in the desert that’s good the new 4831 has been under A/C since it got here along with the rest .

Spent over a year looking for brass for an new build 95 maybe 93 . Dad had it stashed all the time …….

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 195
    • Overall: 218

Powder should be good. Nice deer very nice

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

What’s cut glass with a silver spoon mean ? Just wondering

Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★

His last bench . The little glass there is a last of the set the design is etched , cut glass , the spoon is silver , heavy plate vs sterling . Makes it seem high rent to be an expensive glass and spoon . A little humor on my part to manage the little surge of mourning joy .

Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★

High class redneck . Kind of like Southern Comfort in Leaded Chrystal or 60 yr old Coniac in a water glass .

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

My grandma had the same glasses. Thanks for the info

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.