This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sgt. Mike 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author
     WCM 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 368
    • Overall: 398

My son came in 24th out of 299 shooting at the Glock Sport shooting competition ,Sunday at the River Bend Gun Club in Dawsonville Ga.
    I was rather proud of his achievement.
    I taught him to shoot squirrels out of trees with a .22 J fame revolver when he was nine.

He is on the way now…

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2452
    • Overall: 2660

Good for you. Good for him! I’m sure he’s already getting ready for the next one!

CA Dude 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 11
    • Overall: 12

Years ago I shot in a GSSF match at Ft Benning, GA. Had to barrow a pistol from the Glock rep. He said it only had about 30,000 rounds fired through. I bought a box of cheap made in China ammo and went to town. I actually won $75.00 prize money. Had a ton of fun. Still don’t care much for Glocks.

CA Dude

WCM 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 368
    • Overall: 398

I shoot a Springfield XD in 9mm, and a S&W M&P in the .40 S&W
    I don’t care too much for the polymer guns, as I grew up with the 1911.

The XD is impressive if I do my part, but I have to grip it differently from the 1911 or my shots will go to the left..

Sgt. Mike 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 789
    • Overall: 873

Glock in my opinion are just a work tool, like any good engineered machine they just work. It’s hard to really love / like the poly frame like your favorite 1911.

But in a concealed carry they offer a huge advantage in that because it is just a tool, your usually not too upset when law enforcement take your weapon in the investigation that you probably wont see for months if not a year after being cleared.  another advantage is because they are usually carried by many departments when the DA is trying to turn your case about you can use the defense you chose that pistol because the local LEO use it . Personally I can see many advantages to a poly gun for a daily carry in the urban environment. Not coming to the Poly guns defense as I really don’t need to, they are reliable, cost effective, and accurate enough for defense. The ratio of Poly guns ( Glock, S&W, etc) to 1911 are about 30 poly guns sold to each 1911 sold, I have a harder time selling a 1911 than a Poly gun ( not for any other reason than cost).

But everyone usually agrees the 1911 is right up there in desired pistols as well as the Hi power and several others.  My true personal preference is the 1911, Hi power, and Sig.

Ohh I almost forgot Congratulations on your Son accomplishment in the Glock Match .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you have any questions or comments, please contact us by clicking the button below.

Contact Us