• Author
      Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831

An interesting read.

Yes, I know it is the New York Post. They do have some good articles. Yes, I know which way they lean. Everyone should learn to separate the grain from the chaff. And, teach it to their children. One of mine got caught up on getting their info from social media, and thought that Trump’s pick for secretary of education was a bad choice because she had not teaching experience. I pointed out that the position calls for the skills of a politician, not a teacher. Got their attention.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/05/generation-x-needs-to-save-america-from-millennials/?utm_campaign=iosapp&utm_source=facebook_app&utm_source=The+Federalist+List&utm_campaign=fa8e30c2d6-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_08_12&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_cfcb868ceb-fa8e30c2d6-83963161

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

I dont care what generation you come from. It’s hard to see with your head shoulder-deep in your fifth point of contact.

Time to wake up and fight for freedom and core family values.

kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 531
      • Overall: 587

I didnt vote FOR Trump, I voted FOR the next Supreme court Justice, and Hillary was NOT gonna get that from me.!!!

Now that Trump is in, and gave me my Supreme Justice, I dont really care what he does, good or fail, I dont care, he will only be there 8 years max, 4 maybe.

The Supreme Justice he picked is there the rest of his life. I’m OK with all this.

with all this being said, Trump is not sitting idle, he is standing on the throttle, and who in the hell is these folks that say he is not ‘conservative’, he is not ‘republican’???  WHO is actually the one ‘out of touch’

GhostHawk
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 258
      • Overall: 260

While I wish President Trump all the best. Something tells me they would never have let him live this long unless they expect something major to come along and shift things back the other way.

My biggest concern is not the government, it is the multinational corporations.

Trump is IMO not going to be hard on them.

I am all in favor of small local business. They are “invested” in the community’s from which they spring up.  They have family’s there.  But once a big multinational is allowed to snap up and buy local company’s.

The persons making the decisions is no longer invested in the local community.

Or perhaps even the country.  They are invested only in the bottom line.

Look at some of the deals the Multi’s have been trying to push through, like Nafta, and the TPP.

Be afraid, be very afraid. Be aware.

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I believe that the root of most of our problems is right here at home. In our own homes. Way too often people would rather have others (schools, government, etc.) take care of their decisions. The solution lies in two parent homes raising children right, and teaching them to think for themselves. I am in no position to throw stones. My first two wives ran off. The first after 6 months and the second after 26 years. I got lucky on wife #3, but the spirits called her home early at only 46. I now pray to the Lord for the opportunity to positively influence my grandchildren. I also try to guide youngsters I interface with, both at work and outside of it. Responsibility starts right here at home. If you don’t know who that is, just look in the mirror.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Wow. I actually agree with all these replies.

I voted for Trump and I am enjoying seeing the country being run by the most conservative cabinet the USA has seen in 100 years. I don’t care what people say about him or the predictions they give for the future. I’m behind this president, and I am cognizant of the fact that I will probably never have another in my lifetime who’s ACTIONS reflect my core values to a T.

That said, I am cautious. As long as he keeps doing what he is doing, I’m behind him, but he is in a position to do something very foolish that we will all pay for (as is every president in history) but I am cautiously optimistic that Trump will leave me with fewer regrets than any president in my lifetime.

kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Tim, you are correct.

I agree. I worry only about the foolish things he may do with regards to the military. or military actions.

But then, he has surrounded himself with  4-star Generals. Count them. Probably more brass in his cabinet than ever.

I really doubt he would do something plain stoopid, with all this good advise he can draw from.

BTW, what is the white house’ dog name?

Rattlesnake Charlie
        Participant
        • Gold
        • ★★★

Unless he has gotten recently, there is no dog in the White House. No pets whatsoever.

kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.