Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831

It was snowing when I arrived a the apartment after work. Mostly just snow blowing in off the mountains out west. They have a visible dusting of snow on them. I’m ready for summer.

Got radish and pole bean seeds in the ground two nights ago. Hope to get started on squash and cucumber this coming weekend. Will probably start them inside.

How do you judge when the last frost usually is? It was 37 on Saturday morning, and 45 this morning.

Maybe I should change my handle to Grumpy Gardener.

Note to Goodsteel:
      How about a subforum on gardening, food preservation, cooking, smoking meat, etc.? Seems these skills from our heritage are dying out fast. I suspect there are others on this forum with the same interests here for preparing our own food.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Rattlesnake Charlie;n15942 wrote:
      Note to Goodsteel:
      How about a subforum on gardening, food preservation, cooking, smoking meat, etc.? Seems these skills from our heritage are dying out fast. I suspect there are others on this forum with the same interests here for preparing our own food.

Not a bad idea at all.

https://www.goodsteelforum.com/forum/main-forum/gardening-canning-food-preservation-etc-etc

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

JRR;n15973 wrote: April in Santa Rosa

You make me feel so much better.
      Weather forecast is for snow again on Saturday.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Now Charlie, its an unspoken rule here that if you request a subforum, and I comply, you have to make the first post! And its kind of your baby from now on, so don’t let me down!

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Yes Sir!
      Action complete, sir.

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Killer frost night before last. The squash plants are laying flat on the ground. Time to clean ‘er up.

The deer decimated my garden this year, eating the squash and pumpkin leaves, blossoms, even the fruit. They probably got 75% of what I raised.

Instead of gardening next year, I think I’ll go fishing. Maybe even a trip to South Dakota to go prairie dog shooting.

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Was 31 degrees this morning. Had to scrape frost off the windshield. Looks like summer is over.

kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 531
      • Overall: 587

OMG !!!

where you at?

I was deer scouting today, sweating my shirt smelly, mosquitos thick like a Alfred Hitchcock movie (The Birds),

wife’s calamansi still harvesting, and banana plants still shooting, Live Oaks almost done for the year. !!!

We had a thunderstorm earlier.

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Los Alamos, NM

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.