• Author
      Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Hello friends!
      I want to start by thanking you all for your participation here. We have a solid forum, we are growing, and it looks like we are here to stay!
      However, I am seeking help to make some improvements to make GSF an even funner place to hang out and enjoy shared knowledge of our interests.
      Towards that end, many have offered to help with donations, which I have refused up to this point with the assurance that I would ask if I needed to. Well, I’m asking now. Not much is needed, so if you can help, any donation would be greatly appreciated, and will be used to better the website/enhance our experience. I have some very interesting plans for the future here!
      Thank you!

Any donations may be sent to:

Goodsteel Forum
      427 Clinton Road
      Conway, Arkansas, 72034.

GhostHawk
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 258
      • Overall: 260

Tim do you do paypal?

If I have to write a check, hand write the address, walk 3 blocks for stamp and mail chances are I won’t unless I am really interested.

If I can take less than 2 minutes of my time, log into paypal, send you a donation and be back reading without having to go outside your odds of success are much better.

If you do not have a paypal account you may want to consider a new from scratch google email and make the paypal with that.
      All anyone would see is the goodsteel forums. Your call.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I do have paypal.
      timlikeatree@hotmail.com

Thanks!!!

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I would just like to thank all of you who have donated, and I hope there will be more. I have hired a web support team that will be helping us get this place running young. It’s expensive, but totally worth it in my opinion, and many hands make light work.

The issues I want them to help us with are things such as getting a really sweet chatroom online, making the pages easier to copy and paste to share information, uploading pictures with unlimited hosting power, streamlining our PM system, and generally making the place a little funner to work with.
      I’m getting the ball rolling, and I hope you will help me.
      Thanks !!!!

skeettx
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 197
      • Overall: 213

$20 sent via PayPal
      Thanks for all you do
      Mike

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Thank you very much for the donation! Right now we have a starting goal of $1000 and there will be maintenance fees as we go along, so every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated!!!

Mtnfolk75
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 3
      • Overall: 3

Donation made from my wife’s account ” Countyerblessings ” ;o)

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Thank you very much Mtnfolk75. Many blessings to you.

Tonight, I officially got the ball rolling on the epic goodsteelforum upgrade. I have hired a design/programming husband and wife team that knew Felix Robins personally. They are close friends with Felix’s elder son Tommy, who had a hand in creating Castpics. Tommy described them as young, tallented, and in need of work. Sounds perfect for us!
      I told them I wanted to be able to breath pictures into this forum like telepathic thought. I want to get us a very user friendly chat room. I want us to be able to easily access the forum with our cell phones and tablets, and I want PM’s to be more easily accessed.
      Basically, every suggestion that has been made over our pilot year is going to be taken care of in spades.

ZmanWakeForest
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 115
      • Overall: 135

$50 sent via PP. Thanks for the great site, please keep up the good work!

Scharfschuetze
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 190
      • Overall: 193

I can’t get the link to work. When I copy and paste it to my browser, I end up at Easy Mail Log In.

GhostHawk
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

“Copy” the email link, log into your paypal account, friends and family, paste, choose amount, send.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Yeah Scharf, that’s not a link, it’s my paypal address.

Scharfschuetze
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 190
      • Overall: 193

GhostHawk;n13637 wrote: “Copy” the email link, log into your paypal account, friends and family, paste, choose amount, send.

OK. That worked. Donation is on the way.

GhostHawk
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

🙂

Sweet.

skeettx
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Keeping this in view
      Y’all please assist
      Mike

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831

How far along are we to making the $1K goal?

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

So far we have raised $389.12

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

Maybe an admission fee at the shop door ? 🙂
      Its on my to getter done list .

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Goodsteel;n13766 wrote: So far we have raised $389.12

That’s a little disappointing. The $1K is just the setup fee. There is always monthly service fee. Come on folks, Tim’s already cashed my check. And, thanks to all who have already contributed.

There ain’t no such thing as a free lunch.

GhostHawk
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Did my bit.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

All the help is greatly appreciated! No one should be ashamed for what they contributed, or if they are not in a position to do so. This is purely good will between brothers. If you give so much it hurts, and there is regret, that would be a bad thing. I’m going to find a way to make this happen because I believe we deserve it and there are certain things about the way the software works now I really do not like, and I want the control and the support to make it a fun place to interact. That’s totally worth it to me.

lar45
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 224
      • Overall: 245

PayPal on it’s way 🙂

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

OK, I’ll put my money where my mouth is. I just wrote a check for $60 to the forum. This is about what I pay for a good bottle of sipping whiskey which I used to buy about every other month. Now that my best shooting buddy retired I have no one to drink with so I think this will be a good use for that money. Actually, a very good trade.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Rattlesnake Charlie;n13831 wrote: OK, I’ll put my money where my mouth is. I just wrote a check for $60 to the forum. This is about what I pay for a good bottle of sipping whiskey which I used to buy about every other month. Now that my best shooting buddy retired I have no one to drink with so I think this will be a good use for that money. Actually, a very good trade.

That is extremely generous of you!

bjornb
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 163
      • Overall: 176

Just paid for another year of site hosting. This will be my annual contribution going forward.

skeettx
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Better and better
      Fun site
      Interesting people
      🙂

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

So far we have raised $572.12.
      Thank you for all the support.
      The new website is almost complete and we will be testing it in the background in the coming weeks looking for bugs and adjustments.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

More donations have been made, and I just want to thank each and every contributor.
      The new site is coming along. We hit a few glitches, that required me to scale back or go bigger. I chose to go bigger, and we will soon be functioning with our very own server. No sharing with anyone else. This will give us enormous power and the ability to host our own photographs with no size restrictions. No more photobucket.
      The ETA I was given was three weeks, after which Bjorn and I will test the new site in the background. Once I give the thumbs up, we go live.
      There will be some changes in the way the forum works, including PM’s, and profile setup, but I am working very hard to make it EASY and FUN to post your thoughts, shooting results, and to express yourself here.
      Thank you friends!

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Looking forward to the new site.

Are more funds needed now to get it to completion?

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Funds will be required to keep GSF running in the future, but I think we have enough to get our foot in the door.
      regaurdless, I intend to push this forward. One year ago, we set out to see if we could make a go of this, and there’s been positive enough response, I feel completely comfortable making an investment here. I miss having a special place where good will and friendship abounds, and I think we’ve got that here. I think its a pretty fun place once we get past the janky software.

skeettx
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

AWESOME, Onward and Upward
      YEEEE HAWWWW
      Mike

redriverhunter
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 22
      • Overall: 47

thanks for taking the time and effort into keeping the board going. I can not give a large sum at once but I will be glad to support a little each month please keep us updated on how it goes thanks rrh

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Gents, I’ve been previewing the new forum, and we’re all going to feel a bit like Dorothy walking into OZ for the first time, ie: (were not in Kansas anymore Toto!).
      I have to say, I’m horribly curious. I’ve spent hours on the phone with the design team talking about how to lay out the new forum for ease of use, and I think they are doing a pretty excellent job building us a new home. Feels like theres a 2 story brick house being built mere yards from the worn out house trailer. It’s got a foundation, and studs up, and Im just standing here saying “wow. That’s gonna be big…….”.

I sure am going to need your input when we turn on the lights and I hope we’ll be able to get everything clicking to your satisfaction. Do give input! This is not another forum where the money you donate is going to supplement the income of the owner. Every cent will be spent on GSF and making your life more enjoyable. So THANK YOU for the help!!!!

As it stands now, we have all the money we need to get things moving.

GhostHawk
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Awesome!

Change can be hard, we get used to surroundings as they are. But some discomfort is not so bad if we get better tools, Easier to post pictures for less tech savvy guys, etc.

Damm the Torpedo’s, full speed ahead.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I’m praying everyone will have your same view! It will take a few weeks/months to get all the bugs worked out, but im sure everyone will enjoy the process in spite of the changes, if they are willing to give me a fighting chance to serve.
      Thanks!!!!!

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I just wanted to give an update my friends.
      First of all, thank you for the donations. So far, only a small portion has been spent to purchase the new server.
      Second, the new forum is nearly built and the design team has been trying to pull our post history over there so that we do not lose our considerable start. Unfortunately, this forum exists in the vbulliten cloud, and the new forum is Linux based. The two are nearly incompatible. The design team has been working tirelessly to try to find a way to transfer all our posts in one fell swoop without having to manually recreate and type in every single post from the past year and organize them into a cohesive history.
      If this is not possible, we will have to wait, and save and do only a small upgrade within Vbulliten till GSF can afford to pay the ferryman.
      Keep your fingers crossed, and thank you for all your help and friendship!

skeettx
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Great update
      Thank you
      Rave on Dude
      Mike

ZmanWakeForest
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 115
      • Overall: 135

Tim, I love this place. The best of the best here in my book. Let me know what you need going forward!

41magjh
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 6
      • Overall: 6

Tim I haven’t been on in awhile but I will get a money order on the way. As other have said before good honest folks here with knowledge

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Please, if you are sending money in the form of a check, make it payable to MBT or Tim Malcolm, and write “GSF” in the notes.
      I tried to open a bank account for GSF, but the bank needed me to open an official business in that name in order to do that, so the checks may not be accepted by the bank if they do not have MBT or Tim Malcolm in the title box somewhere. Thank you!!!

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I quit drinking diet coke a couple of months back. Bad for my health. And, I drink less whiskey as it used to go down too easy via whiskey and coke. My grocery bill is less now, so I’m sending some more funds. The money will be better spent on the new server.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Thank you very much!
      I promise the new site will be worth every penny. I have plans to put tools in your hands that have practical usefulness in the real world, like forum based alloy calculators, original GSF ballistics software, and a comprehensive, easy to use load database the likes of which the internet has never seen.
      Also, all the pictures and videos will be hosted by GSF, and access from our cell phones will be super easy. There’s also going to be a chat room and I’m pushing toward live feed video capability.

All of this is why I bought the whole server, and not just a slot on a server. We need it just to process all the data that we are capable of managing. Some might call me crazy for going all in like this, but dang it, we’ve been pittling around with dinky little forums for long enough, and its high time something better was attempted. I’m tired of going to all different sites to get the tools and information I need. I want a one stop shop, and thats what im going to attempt here.

Anyway, these are the subjects that will be covered with the design team at the sawbucks meeting I mentioned in the other thread.

I’m genuinely excited about this. There’s going to be some serious shuckin and jivin to get it all working, but I think it’ll be worth it.

Viewing 41 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.