Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      DeadWoodDan
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 80
      • Overall: 91

Coming up on my mother-n-laws 1yr passing. It has devastated my wife as they were best friends, really didn’t know how this would affect me, but I would give anything to have her back. Long story short when my in-laws had a chance to vacation, they went to Florida; wife says South Beach, but I think she watches too much T.V. Trying to arrange a get away later this Fall and neither of us are familiar with this state at all, So looking for guidance and experience.

Things that will be important rating from most important to least:

Beach
      Food
      Activities, neither of us are physically fit nor enjoy sports. Of course I hunt, shoot etc. and would even allow one night of dancing if she trys LOL

Thanks for any ideas or direction
      Kevin

WCM
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 368
      • Overall: 398

I have two recommendations if you like natural beaches,and avoiding crowds.
      Sanibel Island, or Cape San Blas.
      We always go to Cape San Blas.
      There is a state park there Saint Josephs Peninsular Stark Park .You can camp or rent cabins , but you have to book in advance.
      You can also rent condos outside the park.

A word of caution, the rip tides there are very bad in the evening..

DeadWoodDan
      Participant
      • Bronze

Oh yea, if it was my list i would have added avoid crowd, thanks WCM! If we make this trip going to be hard to stay on beach, and I know the wife wants to spend as much time there also. Just can’t picture others looking at a real life Sasquatch in shorts.

DeadWoodDan
      Participant
      • Bronze

Just did a quick look to see those locations. Any reason why you stay on the West side vs. East side?

WCM
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 368
      • Overall: 398

DeadWoodDan;n9006 wrote: Just did a quick look to see those locations. Any reason why you stay on the West side vs. East side?

Yes, I like the blue waters, and white sands of the Gulf of Mexico.
      I grew up going to either Panama City Beach or Daytona.

As a kid I always voted for Panama City.

It is more of a teenage resort now.

timspawn
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 137
      • Overall: 166

I’m in SW FL. Sanibel is very nice for shelling. Venice beach has sharks teeth. The water is a bit crummy now with all the discharge from Lake O but will clear up when it quits raining. Plenty of fishing everywhere. The Edison/Ford estates in Ft Myers are nice to walk around. Arcadia is full of antique shops. There is plenty of night life in downtown Ft Myers. Let me know if head this way and I’ll see what else I can come up with.

DeadWoodDan
      Participant
      • Bronze

Tim,

Thanks for posting, sent you a PM with a few questions.
      Kevin

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.