This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  timspawn 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
     Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2452
    • Overall: 2660

Wow fellers, what a trip!!!!

I apologise for not posting this past week, but honestly, ive been so starstruck by this place, I have to remind myself to quit gaping.

I’m posting now from the boat in the lower Kenai. Bjorn is aft on the tiller, Ray is in the bow, and I’m in the middle. My licence just expired 45 minutes ago, so I’m just enjoying the boat ride and I had to share.

Thanks Bjorn for an absolutely once in a lifetime experience!!!!

kens 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 531
    • Overall: 587

I would love to grill one of those Filipino style.

Catch a fish and leave the skin & scales ON!

Dice up a tomato & onion, put in bowl and cover with Kikkoman soy sauce, set aside for later,

start the charcoal fire , and start a pot of rice,

cook the fish over open fire/charcoal until flesh ready to fall off the bones

fork off the burnt skin, and fork the meat off the bones

get the tomatoe/onion/ soy bowl and serve the whole mess over a bed of rice

Wash down with beer !!!!

Enjoy !!!

Bodean98 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 103
    • Overall: 111

That looks like a wonderful time and the fishing appears to be worthwhile!!

I have been patiently waiting for some pics of your trip and you did not disappoint.

Looks like some beautiful country.

My wife was in the same area and I had been waiting on her to send pics as well. I guess she was having such a good time that the pics could wait!

GhostHawk 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 258
    • Overall: 260

Kens I had the opportunity once to go to Cancun Mexico for a week. Landlord I did some work for had a condo there that needed a paint job and some plumbing work.

I paid my own airfare, stayed with him for free.

One day after the work was done we hopped a ferry out to this island offshore.

Found a guy to take us fishing in his boat. There were 4 of us, mostly we were trolling for Cuda. We caught 2, about 1 we pulled into this park. He points us to a table, takes the bigger fish and goes to clean it.  Well me an one of the other guys were interested so we grabbed a beer, cameera and followed. He split it open down the back, removed the head, and nasty stuff.

Laid it skin side down on a roughly 18 inch square of 1×1 square steel mesh.  Walks over to a little shed, knocks, gets a bowl of some red stuff, a bigger bowl full of sliced tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc.  The Red stuff he rubbed into the meat and left a thick layer, then covered the fish with the vegie’s. Then grabbed another square of mesh and wired the 2 together.  He then builds a fire, gets some coals going.

We wander back to our table. He shows up with 2 huge lobsters missing tails. Apitizers, so we set to.  20 min later the fish arrived, man that thing was awesome.

So we are tearing into that fish, filling up fast and we see a little old car show up. Woman and 5 kids get out run to our fisherman, yeah he’s dad.

So they are waiting, for us. Their dinner is what we leave.

So we called him over, come, bring your family.  Eat, don’t make them wait.

Was good fish, good times, and good feeling in the heart too.

Man I tell you true, I did not want to come home. Sun and sea and surf, good food, good people.  Paradise

Glenn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 218
    • Overall: 261

Wow, Great pics!

Those are some BIG Fish, and beautiful country.

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2452
    • Overall: 2660

After I posted this, we pulled in for a bite to eat, I bought a one day licence and Bjorn and I hit the water again. We were both tired, but this was the last opportunity to King fish together, so we gave it everything we had! We fished till 11:00. I guess that was about 15 hours on the water. We didn’t end up catching anything, but I’ll never forget the feeling of being tired in a boat with a friend giving it all we had and looking to catch a trophy fish. When you go fishing or hunting with a buddy and put in what anyone would consider a good day, then decide to suck it up and give it all you’ve got and get back to the cabin with just enough energy to climb into bed, and not a harsh word was spoken by anyone………you know you’re hanging out with a good friend. I’ll never forget it. I’ve got an awesome video I took just about an hour before we put in for the final time Sunday and it’s one of my favorites.

What a great time!!!

timspawn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 137
    • Overall: 166

Looks like a blast!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.