Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      timspawn
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 137
      • Overall: 166

I was in Islamorada this weekend with some buddies. Here is a video of deep dropping for Tilefish in 650 feet of water with three pounds of lead. There may be some adult language.

timspawn
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

We also caught yellow tail, blackfin tuna, dolphin, mutton snapper and snowy grouper.

chutesnreloads
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 161
      • Overall: 165

Beats going to work

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Heck yeah! What a time!

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831

Lucky you. I was once subjected to a work assignment in FL in Jan & Feb. The ole rancher plowed me out and I made it to the airport in Colorado Springs. What suffering on that work gig. Got to go fishing in the keys. It would have been a success if I had not caught any fish. Most of the grouper were just undersized. I remember dropping one back into the water, and a shark (maybe 6 ft long) streaked from under the boat and took my fish off for lunch. Sure was a great break from the long winters in La Veta, CO.

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 789
      • Overall: 873

My Uncle ( on my mother’s side) used to have a house there we would travel down and go bonefishing. Love the Keys especially Islamorada.
      When I was stationed in South Fla ( Ft Lauderdale) used to take the wife and kids to Anne’s Beach as much as I could. Or go fishing just outside Port Of Miami, best times was surf fishing for pompano.
      Thanks for sharing the post.

farmerjim
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 25
      • Overall: 25

When we had friends living in the keys we would go visit them for a couple of weeks every year. I would do my fishing with a speargun. It is a great place to relax.

timspawn
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

We are going to try for a return trip this fall but hunting season may get in the way.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.