- June 7, 2016 at 8:26 pm #28329
I was in Islamorada this weekend with some buddies. Here is a video of deep dropping for Tilefish in 650 feet of water with three pounds of lead. There may be some adult language.
- June 7, 2016 at 8:49 pm #28330
We also caught yellow tail, blackfin tuna, dolphin, mutton snapper and snowy grouper.
- June 7, 2016 at 11:08 pm #28331chutesnreloadsParticipant
- Posts: 4
- Comments: 161
- Overall: 165
Beats going to work
- June 8, 2016 at 12:11 am #28333GoodsteelKeymaster
- Posts: 208
- Comments: 2452
- Overall: 2660
Heck yeah! What a time!
- June 8, 2016 at 1:29 am #28337Rattlesnake CharlieParticipant
- Posts: 152
- Comments: 679
- Overall: 831
Lucky you. I was once subjected to a work assignment in FL in Jan & Feb. The ole rancher plowed me out and I made it to the airport in Colorado Springs. What suffering on that work gig. Got to go fishing in the keys. It would have been a success if I had not caught any fish. Most of the grouper were just undersized. I remember dropping one back into the water, and a shark (maybe 6 ft long) streaked from under the boat and took my fish off for lunch. Sure was a great break from the long winters in La Veta, CO.
- September 21, 2016 at 11:43 pm #30194Sgt. MikeParticipant
- Posts: 84
- Comments: 789
- Overall: 873
My Uncle ( on my mother’s side) used to have a house there we would travel down and go bonefishing. Love the Keys especially Islamorada.
When I was stationed in South Fla ( Ft Lauderdale) used to take the wife and kids to Anne’s Beach as much as I could. Or go fishing just outside Port Of Miami, best times was surf fishing for pompano.
Thanks for sharing the post.
- September 22, 2016 at 11:47 am #30210farmerjimParticipant
- Posts: 0
- Comments: 25
- Overall: 25
When we had friends living in the keys we would go visit them for a couple of weeks every year. I would do my fishing with a speargun. It is a great place to relax.
- September 22, 2016 at 6:13 pm #30232
We are going to try for a return trip this fall but hunting season may get in the way.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.