Viewing 38 reply threads
  • Author
      Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Sawbucks restaurant at 5:30 pm first Saturday of every month.

Looks like Lars, Doc44, me and our wives tomorrow.

It’s supposed to be adults only, but I couldn’t get a babysiter for Natalie, so I’m showing up with the whole fam damily.

Sarge, are you going to make it?

Glenn, is there anything you want me to bring?

Doc44
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 36
      • Overall: 37

Goodsteel, I plan to bring my stainless Python for comparison purposes. I will also bring the Marlin 94 in 32-20 for the project we discussed.

lar45
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 224
      • Overall: 245

I’ve got a pile of 50bmg brass that’s gone through the tumbler. I’ll bring that to pass off to you. Just let me know when you want to get together to convert them to 12ga shells. I found one of the 4 bore cases that I made that is setup for the 209 primer. I’ll bring it along also.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Great. I’ll see you guys there. maybe it wont be freezing this time. Seems like every time we meet out there we end up freezing outside. LOL!

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

A good time was had by all I dare say!
      Good to see everybody. Sarge, you missed out on some really juicy steak.LOL!

bjornb
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 163
      • Overall: 176

Someday I’ll move to Arkansas……..

kungfustyle
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 22
      • Overall: 27

Bjornb, we almost have enough in Florida to have a get together down here.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Yeah, but you have to find a place that has Prime rib that’s 1 1/4″ thick, and killer fried okra. Wouldn’t be a qualifying GSF get together without that! LOL!

bjornb
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 163
      • Overall: 176

kungfustyle;n3941 wrote: Bjornb, we almost have enough in Florida to have a get together down here.

I’d go for that in a heartbeat, even if it took me all of 4 hours to drive up to your place…:cool:
      …..I’m still having a blast (pun intended) trying to shoot up the 100 lbs. of powder i picked up.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 23
      • Overall: 24

Did someone mention fried okra? I’m originally from Southeast Oklahoma and when I hear that my ears perk up.

lar45
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Just let us know when you’re coming up and we’ll make a special trip to the steak house!
      My Ribeye was too big to eat all of it. Had the rest for breakfast, Steak and Eggs!! with some fresh Duck Eggs!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 123
      • Overall: 129

lar45;n3975 wrote: Just let us know when you’re coming up and we’ll make a special trip to the steak house!
      My Ribeye was too big to eat all of it. Had the rest for breakfast, Steak and Eggs!! with some fresh Duck Eggs!

I always order a steak too big to eat. It’s hard to beat leftover steak and eggs for breakfast the next morning. 🙂

Kevin S
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 58
      • Overall: 72

Tim Who are the others in the picture?

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

It’s me, Doc44, Lar45, and our wives. Good times!

sundog
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 28
      • Overall: 30

So, where exactly is this get together, and is it still a regular thing? If we’re over that way we’d like to join in.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

The Saturday meeting has been on hold during the move, but I plan to get it going again. We still meet at Sawbucks unless we intend to shoot in which case it’s either Glenns place or mine.
      You are more than welcome to join in. Just holler when you think you’ll be headed this way, and we’ll pull out an extra chair!

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831

What town is it in?
      What town is your mail sent to?
      I’m trying to look you up on Google maps.

lar45
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Address: 1118 US-64, El Paso, AR 72045 , Phone 501- 796-0112
      https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=sawbucks+arkansas&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=35025162,-92174762,25022&tbm=lcl&tbs=lf_msr:-1,lf_od:-1,lf_oh:-1,lf:1,lf_ui:9,lf_pqs:EAE&rlfi=hd:;si:
      I hope this link works.
      Life has been busy so we have missed a few dinners. It’s normally a Friday or Saturday night, we call ahead and get the big table in the back. Their Ribeye is truly wonderful. If you’re ever going to be in the area we’d love to have you come along 🙂
      Just give us a call or email and we’ll see how everybody’s schedule looks.

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I might just do that some day. It is only 897 miles.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

BjornB should be joining us one day in November or December, and he’s driving from Florida (1170 miles one way) Har!

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I’m only 62.5. I plan on retiring when I hit 66. Actually, I might hang on to spring because I don’t want to move in winter. But, after that, you might find my camper parked in your yard for a few days.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

No need for a camper my good man. We have a spare upstairs room with a private bathroom and all the amenities for when people come to visit. You can stay in comfort and enjoy central Arkansas life in gun central. There’s a 200 yard public range you can almost walk to if my quaint 100 yard range is boring.
      We eat well here at MBT, but there’s fine dining in Little Rock, or Conway, and of course, SawBucks in El Dorado.
      We enjoy a strong food, music, and gun culture in this state.
      I don’t think I could really be comfortable anywhere else. theres really nothing like sitting on the porch and picking a tune on the Banjo and watching the sun set.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Well, we pulled it off once more!
      It was a great get together. Me, Angie, Lar45 and mrs., CAdude and mrs.
      Sarge couldn’t make it, and I mistakenly forgot to invite Doc44. (Sorry Doc!!!! I’ll get on the ball next time!)

Anyway, the highlights of the conversation was chitlins, bullet lube, prary dog hunting, infrared scopes, cast bullet tests being performed by each of us, wildcat cartridges, dogs etc etc etc. There’s really never enough time at these meetings, but I dare say a fine time was had by all!

Here’s CA dude and Lar45 talking wildcats:

The women folks looked to be having a fine time as well. Tipper (the four legged member) was doing well keeping aware of the suroundings (like the big dude in the hat taking a picture! Good dog!)

Here’s the gang pushing back after an awesome dinner of fried mushrooms, salad, ribeye steak, catfish, cheesburger, etc etc etc.
      Great times!!!!

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Don’t forget! This Saturday is the GSF members meeting at Sawbucks in El Paso Arkansas! Anybody that can make it is very welcome. There’s no telling the stories and plans that will be thrown out in discussion.
      I have to say, these meetings are always epic. There’s nothing like sitting at a table with a bunch of seasoned shooters talking about the things we talk about. Also, seeing people in person is always very interesting.

So come if you’re close enough to do it, pull up a chair, eat a steak, and enjoy the amazing company!!!
      Meeting time is 5:30 God willin and the crick don’t rise.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

14 months >< .

Doc44
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 36
      • Overall: 37

The Wife and I plan to be there. While in my deer blind this week I came up with a few thoughts about your ongoing 45-70 project.

skeettx
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 197
      • Overall: 213

566 miles from Amarillo, Texas to El Paso, Ar

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Awesome. I’ve made some good progress just recently though.
      I’ve got almost 2moa groups at 100 yards for ten shots.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

1820 Reno to Toad Lick AR ……

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Well, it was a fine time. More discussion of wildcats, dogs, hunting, pistolmanship, and riflemanship.
      The women folks talked about health, and food and family.
      Great times all the way around!!!

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Is this still a regular event?

I was hoping to eat there on Sunday evening August 26th on my way back from my son’s wedding in IL, but online the place didn’t get very good ratings from Google, Yelp, or Trip Advisor. Makes me a bit uneasy.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

About 3 year ago I had dinner with Tim at “the other store” . The food was decent , service was satisfactory .
      It’s sort of a lunch diner with a dinner menu and slightly overdressed for a lunch diner .

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

We had to let it go for a while due to being financially strapped, but I’m hoping to get it going again. Glenn was telling me that the place might not be as good as it was, so we may be looking for a new meeting place.

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Sunday evening August 26th. It is on my calendar.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Well then by God we’ll make it happen!!!!

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I drug into Goodsteel’s place on Sunday afternoon August 26th. I apologize for not setting up a dinner for all of you in his locale. I had hoped to meet all like was previously happening at Sawbucks. My fault for not getting it done. I just tried to do too much in too short of a time. I about fell off my stool in Goodsteel’s shop early that evening. I’m just getting too old to attempt so much. If I make it back that way again, I’ll try to do a better job of scheduling.

Goodsteel did give me a detailed tour of his shop, and we did send some rounds downrange. He also extended hospitality and let me spend the night in his guest room. Goodsteel is A-1 OK.

On the afternoon of Friday August 31st SkeetTx took me on a whirlwind tour of the best gun shops in Amarillo. Wow. I did put an Old Model Ruger Bearcat (steel frame) on layaway until I can arrange for it to be shipped to my FFL. Dinner at The Big Texan topped off the evening. After we finished eating, and were setting up, the live music showed up at our table. An older gentlemen with a guitar and a lovely lady with a fiddle asked if there was anything they could play for us. SkeeTx said we were just about to leave, and the gent said “How about “On the Road Again?'” I piped up with something like “That would be great.” They were pretty good, and how much better of a send-off could I get with hitting the road the next morning? I was in the hotel lunchroom at 0600 the next morning, and did get back to Los Alamos, NM at 1230 MDT on Saturday September 1st. Over 3500 miles in 3 weeks.  I ain’t dead yet!

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

It was awesome to meet you Charlie! Sorry if I talked your ear off! Sounds like SkeeTx upstaged me the good ol fashioned way!

Great to hear you’re back home safe.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

It was awesome to meet you Charlie! Sorry if I talked your ear off! Sounds like SkeeTx upstaged me the good ol fashioned way!

Great to hear you’re back home safe.

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Tim, I had a great time. I just didn’t schedule enough time for all I wanted to do in your area. I’ll be practicing my .22 shooting before our next meeting.

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.