Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

It’s been about a month and a half, but I finally found a place to set up my desk top.
      This new place is far enough away from civilization that there is no unlimited http://www.juice. I set up an AT&T hotspot and I have been doing all my posting on my phone. Yeah, some of those long winded posts were made with a flurry of thumbs. I aught to be a jedi master texter by now! LOL!

Anyway, I just wanted to say what a joy it is to have a keyboard again. Sweet sweet clickety clack from my favorite Logitec keyboard. Life is good indeed.

Interesting advantage of the Hotspot and wireless keyboard and mouse: I need exacty two recepticles to run the computer now. One for the box and one for the screen. Lovely! No impossible tangle of wires under my feet. I can dig this just fine!

timspawn
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 137
      • Overall: 166

Wireless is wonderful!

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

It’s a little bit slower than the fiber optic www I’m used to, but not much, and the choice was either this, or some sort of dish that will lose reception in inclement weather.

popper
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 293
      • Overall: 294

Wireless keyboards are vulnerable to keylogging. Oops, there goes our passwords.

DeadWoodDan
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 80
      • Overall: 91

Recently picked up a new android. Still new to searching and using it so most of my post have been with it. I can see the addiction……computer in my back pocket

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Thank you popper for taking the proverbial 8 gauge to my little red balloon of joy.
      LOL!

uber7mm
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 288
      • Overall: 305

Since we’re busting bubbles, land lines are generally faster and more efficient than wireless. Sounds like a lot of cable……

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Did I miss something? You’re telling me dial up is quicker than wireless?

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831

As far out in the boonies you are, and that nice loooong driveway. I don’t think you need to worry about somebody hacking in on your wireless keyboard. There is security in distance, and it often is worth the inconvenience of distance.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Rattlesnake Charlie;n9062 wrote: As far out in the boonies you are, and that nice loooong driveway. I don’t think you need to worry about somebody hacking in on your wireless keyboard. There is security in distance, and it often is worth the inconvenience of distance.

That was my thought exactly.

uber7mm
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 288
      • Overall: 305

Land line Cat5 or fiber optic cables are quicker than wireless. PC to router that is. Not much help I’m afraid.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.