• Author
      Larry Gibson
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 507
      • Overall: 562
      • Gold

Sitting here watching the eclipse drinking coffee……about a quarter into it…….

Larry Gibson

kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 531
      • Overall: 587

raining here so far

kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

the rain quit, only cloudy now, and eclipse about 1/2. its grey & dingy, and eclipse is making it eerily greyer & dingyer

kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I guess the eclipse cooled off the air a bit, the sky just opened up and DUMPED rain. raining so hard it is a little bit scary.

Bodean98
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 103
      • Overall: 111

Had good skies until about 10 min. before totality. Then came the clouds and rain!

BUMMER!

GhostHawk
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 258
      • Overall: 260

Had light clouds for the whole thing. Grabbed my welding helmet and you could see it plain.  80% was max for us up north.

A part of me was waiting for the “Wrath of God” or that N Korean dictator to strike, no such luck yet.  21 years preparing for the end of the world and nada.  Sigh.

Good news is I can sit in my comfortable chair, pup laid out against my leg, drink good coffee and read the forums this morning. Coffee this morning is this, and ohh my what a treat it is.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X8NSHGU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

” A part of me was waiting for the “Wrath of God” or that N Korean dictator to strike, no such luck yet.  21 years preparing for the end of the world and nada.  Sigh.”

Now that Obama is gone, what are we going to do with all the ‘stuff’ we been collecting the past 8 years?

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

I used a lens to burn the crescent of the eclipse into my rifle stocks and those of several client’s. Pretty awesome to see that perfect little crescent.

GhostHawk
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 258
      • Overall: 260

I’m hanging onto mine Ken’s. Although I do not see me buying mass quantity’s of powder or primers for the near future.  They’ll be back you know. Give them another couple of years.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.