This topic contains 9 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  uber7mm 2 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
     Calaloo 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 0
    • Overall: 1

New member, first post.

I just read about someone having deer eating garden vegetables. I would like to offer a sure fire cure. I have tried everything including playing a radio in the garden, human hair from the barber shop scattered around the plants they like, dog hair from the groomers, every commercial product that I could find, even a 4 foot fence. I believe our local deer will not bother with anything else as long as okra is present. Believe me deer like okra almost as much as southerners do.

I don’t remember where I learned of this trick but it works and has worked for everyone that has tried it. It is very simple, is not poison and every one has the ingredients. So, without further ado: crack two eggs into the blender with some water and blend them well. pour the mixture into a two gallon sprayer, and finish filling with water. you do not have to let the mixture “go bad”. spray it as soon as it is mixed. You might have to spray again in a couple of weeks or after a rain.

As soon as I see the sign of deer in the garden I spray and that is the end of the problem. I have a friend who has a small muscadine and scuppernong vineyard. He was hanging bars of Lava soap among his vines and said he thought it helped. The egg solution ended the problem. I hope everyone with the “deer in the garden” problem will try this.

Waksupi 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 106
    • Overall: 112

I’ve used bars of Irish Spring. I sure wouldn’t want to WASH with that stinky stuff.

Sgt. Mike 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 789
    • Overall: 873

sounds like a way better solution than my remedy — 30-06 Gov’t which ya just can’t stand watch 24/7. Thank you for the tip

uber7mm 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 288
    • Overall: 305

My wife is watching a Youtube of some lady petting deer in her Zen garden.

“How cute….I want a deer….”

Go figure….

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2452
    • Overall: 2660

I’ll be dogged. Never would have thought it. Thanks for the tip! I’ll be planting peach trees in the spring.

Smoke4320 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 140
    • Overall: 151

claymores work wonders for deer and neigh oh never mind 🙂

Rattlesnake Charlie 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 679
    • Overall: 831

Thanks for the tip. The deer terrorize my garden.

Now, if we only had something for gophers ….

kens 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 531
    • Overall: 587

How do you sprays eggs around to deter them…………. right into your hunting stand??

rhbrink 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 22
    • Overall: 23

Calaloo;n12535 wrote: New member, first post.

I just read about someone having deer eating garden vegetables. I would like to offer a sure fire cure. I have tried everything including playing a radio in the garden, human hair from the barber shop scattered around the plants they like, dog hair from the groomers, every commercial product that I could find, even a 4 foot fence. I believe our local deer will not bother with anything else as long as okra is present. Believe me deer like okra almost as much as southerners do.

I don’t remember where I learned of this trick but it works and has worked for everyone that has tried it. It is very simple, is not poison and every one has the ingredients. So, without further ado: crack two eggs into the blender with some water and blend them well. pour the mixture into a two gallon sprayer, and finish filling with water. you do not have to let the mixture “go bad”. spray it as soon as it is mixed. You might have to spray again in a couple of weeks or after a rain.

As soon as I see the sign of deer in the garden I spray and that is the end of the problem. I have a friend who has a small muscadine and scuppernong vineyard. He was hanging bars of Lava soap among his vines and said he thought it helped. The egg solution ended the problem. I hope everyone with the “deer in the garden” problem will try this.

I wonder if that will work for squirrels?

uber7mm 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 288
    • Overall: 305

I use to assassinate gophers in the back of the head with a 22LR rifle as they came up out of their holes. That was when I was a kid and life was simpler.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.