- August 9, 2016 at 2:42 am #29332ArtfulParticipant
- Posts: 187
- Comments: 428
- Overall: 615
Sausage & Sweet Corn Muffins – Sausage Stuffed Corn Muffin Recipe
Learn how to make Sausage & Sweet Corn Muffins!
12 ounces pork sausage (Used Spicy Italian, but didn’t think it worked well, so try breakfast sausage, or some other sweeter, milder style)
1/2 cup diced red bell peppers (or jalapeno)
1 cup fresh sweet corn kernels
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese, or more
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup corn meal
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup melted butter
* I didn’t add any salt because my sausage were almost too salty, but you may want to add a pinch
– Bake at 375 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes. Serve warm.
makes 18 muffins
two boxes of Jiffy corn bread mix
3 medium eggs,
2/3 cup buttermilk or milk,
1 1/2 slices diced red onion
Use hot italian sausage or Mild – four links or 1 lb
Diced 6 cubilita’s
2/3 cup creamed corn (half a can)
1/2 tsp baking soda to the mix as well to be light and fluffy
– turned out great!
To Zing it up used flavored/compound butter on it –
to make more flavorful butter warm up your butter and stir in
the added flavor ingredients –
- August 9, 2016 at 4:33 pm #29341FishmanParticipant
- Posts: 4
- Comments: 35
- Overall: 39
that sounds really good right now!
- August 9, 2016 at 6:17 pm #29348Rattlesnake CharlieParticipant
- Posts: 152
- Comments: 679
- Overall: 831
I’m suddenly hungry.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.