Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831

OK. I just gotta show this one off. It is beautiful. Deep bluing, nice wood and checkering, great wood to metal fit, and already fixed up for short stroke. .357 mag. Cimarron’s website shows these to have a twist of 1:18.75 inches. Glad somebody has got the twist right.

Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 256
      • Overall: 296

Some of the imports are every bit as nice and well build as the originals. Good caliber in a short brush rifle too !!!

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Ooooooohhhhhh maaaaaaaan. What a total heart throb!!!

(on a side note, thank you for not using the bed spread as a background. I’ll never understand why people take pictures of their pride and joy laying on common house furniture. Get it outside where the light can really show it off!!! Little pet peeve of mine.)

Butch Wax
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 158
      • Overall: 180

Well done. Nice looking weapon there. Due to the design, SWC will likely prove difficult to cycle but thank goodness for the RNFP bullet design eh? With that twist rate I’ll wager that weapon will devour 158gr~162gr RN and the aforementioned RNFP. Looking forward to your assessment of that pretty rifle’s abilities and shooting results. Again, well done!

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 789
      • Overall: 873

I hate you guys……. LOL :p
      beautiful hardware.

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831

Nice spread Larry. I like the trapdoor carbine. Still want to get one

Scharfschuetze
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 190
      • Overall: 193

Scharfschuetze and I were plinking last week with the M1873 at a small rock 350 yds away off hand. Amazing how well we did once the hold over was figured out.

Launching lead into the stratosphere and having it fall down on small targets far away is just a hoot!

Here’s my Marlin 1894 Cowboy rifle in 357 Magnum. With its Lyman aperture sight it is accurate all the way out to 300 yards and probably further. The second rifle is a Marlin 1895 in 45/70 and it too is a great long range rifle.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.